Camera in nest box

How would I go about putting a cam in my nest box under my eaves, I don't want to spend a fortune and i'm not technically minded in that way so some advice would help.

I want to monitor it in the house but not record it and the box has been there a year and i believe its empty at the moment.

Something like this could work - it's wireless, but can be powered by battery or mains - obviously if you battery power it then you'll have to have access to change the batteries regularly. Wireless range won't be amazing, but the other option is to cable it back.

All that said, I had a similar camera, but it only lasted one event before dying (admittedly that was strapped to the underside of a picnic bench halfway down a semi-frozen Sheffield Ski Village. Think it was probably moisture that killed it, but for a tenner it was worth it for the pictures we did get.

More expensive / robust cameras are available.

Archived