Will the EDL ever become a political party?

Like UKIP and the BNP did? Instead of just a pressure group who is anti-foreigner / Muslim / leftie, If so then would you vote for'em?

They wouldn't be the EDL if that was the case..or are you asking would we vote if their whole agenda changed?

They do cry a lot. I don't particularly like cry babies..especially when they're big fat hairy bald cry babies.

Together as a unified racist force these groups are very dangerous. In times of economic downturn their support is likely to grow.
Eh? For 4 years the economy has been on its biggest down turn for 100 years and they are still a tip pot collection of misfits. Dream on.

They won't because they wouldn't get many votes and they know it. It's easier for them to do what they do now because they don't have to seek any kind of public validation of their activities.

There is already a legitimate right wing political party for people so inclined to vote for anyway - UKIP.

Nonsense.

The numbers who turned out to support the EDL were derisory, so they only demonstrate that in large metropolitan cities like Sheffield (not "insignificant towns") their active support is small.

Your second point about the BNP once being a young party but that somehow was a disadvatage because their hatred appealed to the white masses is also nonsense. Their hatred appeals to some and they still have no chance of weilding political power.

The EDL will recruit and march where they can get support or have a scrap. Therefore Sheffield is a prime location. It's silly to call Sheffield a city although technically it is when many towns like Luton are more lively.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 01:08 ----------

Eh? For 4 years the economy has been on its biggest down turn for 100 years and they are still a tip pot collection of misfits. Dream on.

EDL a force which has got huge support in the north, there are many simple folks here who have chucked towel in, cannot move with the times and would much rather blame Muslims for all their failures.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 01:11 ----------

And that's incorrect for a start as most of the people yesterday coming into the city to support the EDL are mostly from outside of Sheffield!

Most were shouting Yorkshire with England flags and Sheffield division sewed on. Loads of posters on this very forum are racist EDL UKIPer types, racism in Sheffield is a huge problem and these marches and this forum reflects this.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 01:17 ----------

Today people came from other places to add to the numbers, because they thought they'd get a fight. The true figure was last week. About 50 in 600,000. Virtually nothing. That most certainly isn't huge unless you are incredibly bad at Maths.

The BNP have never appealed to the masses as you say. UKIP are picking up votes with very few policies and are only likely to get short term votes.

I could start the Anti-bank Party and it would get as many votes (or perhaps a few years ago it would).

You're wrong. Sheffield is a typical EDL hotspot, whites in Sheffield have been left to rot becuase oMuslims / Immigrants work ethics and their business brains. The resentment towards other races in this so called 'city' is equivalent of 1930's Germany.

We can't carry burying our heads in the sand pretending Sheffielders loves BME's, it's the same as suggesting Hitler loves Jews.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 02:01 ----------

Please explain any "hatred" that UKIP spread .

Please explain any 'love' UKIP spread

Edited by Green Web

The EDL will recruit and march where they can get support or have a scrap. Therefore Sheffield is a prime location. It's silly to call Sheffield a city although technically it is when many towns like Luton are more lively.

-

You're wrong. Sheffield is a typical EDL hotspot, whites in Sheffield have been left to rot becuase oMuslims / Immigrants work ethics and their business brains. The resentment towards other races in this so called 'city' is equivalent of 1930's Germany.

We can't carry burying our heads in the sand pretending Sheffielders loves BME's, it's the same as suggesting Hitler loves Jews.

I'm not wrong. And the figures prove it.

Sheffield might be a typical EDL hotspot because it is an industrial city, but that doesn't make it a prime location, and that was shown last week when they could only get about 50 people to turn up. And as I said in the closed thread - had the opponents not turned up and shouted at them, and wound them up and given them someone to shout back at (which is what they were looking for), they would have buggered off somewhere else.

Muslims/Immigrants (or Asians I'm guessing you are saying) came to Sheffield in the 50s and 60s to do work that no one wanted to do here. They came to work, and most have passed that on to their offspring who I know hundreds who work hard today.

What is stopping whites 'who were left to rot' in Sheffield starting their own businesses like what many immigrants did? Or drive taxis as many of their children do?

Any white rotting person can go and apply to be a taxi driver providing they can drive and don't have a serious criminal record.

Any white rotting person can start up a shop, or start up a business.

-

You've tried to write that post so it's hard to argue against by changing the argument several times (probably not deliberate, just ranting more like)

Who says Sheffielders have to love BMEs? I don't. Then again I don't love any whites either. There is a difference between loving something/one, and getting on with each other and living together and working together.

I don't think there is any burying head in sand. Sheffield is pretty much a safe city, and there are opportunities here. The are plenty of nobheads around of all races, of course, but certainly no more than any where else that I've been.

As for newer immigrants around Fir Vale that I've read about in here, I don't know much about that, and you haven't mentioned them (but I'm just adding this as you added bthe burying head in sand part), but they aren't described as muslims.

The thing is that if they did become a political party it wouldn't change anything. The race riots in 1958 didn't stop immigration, nothing can stop it, it is here to stay whether people like it or not.

On that basis anywhere is ideal for the EDL to march.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 01:08 ----------

EDL a force which has got huge support in the north, there are many simple folks here who have chucked towel in, cannot move with the times and would much rather blame Muslims for all their failures.

EDL have not got huge support in the North, I suspect that is less of an anxiety of yours than a regret.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 01:11 ----------

Most were shouting Yorkshire with England flags and Sheffield division sewed on. Loads of posters on this very forum are racist EDL UKIPer types, racism in Sheffield is a huge problem and these marches and this forum reflects this.

Though you neglect to mention that you don't have to be living in Sheffield to post on this forum.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 01:17 ----------

You're being theatrical, Sheffielders have not been left to rot because of Immigrants. And what's all this nonsense that Sheffielders don't love BMEs - very peculiar.

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 02:01 ----------

Please explain any 'love' UKIP spread

Do any political party spread love?