Will the EDL ever become a political party?

sigh, i was actually trying to be honest, and fair and balanced when i posted the above article, seems like a losing battle, some people just want to drag it consistantly down to their level, EVERYTHING has to be an arguement

To be honest you shouldnt need to try unless it was not the norm for you so thanks for fessing up about that :hihi:

Anyway, back on topic. Why do you hate the EDL so much?

You can disagree with someone without all the hate unless the hate is for a very good reason. So whats yours Mel? Whats your reason?

Personally I dont like them much really but I dont hate them. I dont like them because they went off message. If they had stuck to fighting radical islam and not walked around looking like football hooligans spoiling for a ruck and saying/doing dumb things they would have gotten more support and less ridicule. As it stands they are a joke but on the bright side at least they arent blowing up arenas full of kids or ramming vans into innocent pedestrians or slicing up a few innocent bystanders or chopping off a serving soldiers head.

Silver linings and all that.

To be honest you shouldnt need to try unless it was not the norm for you so thanks for fessing up about that :hihi:

Anyway, back on topic. Why do you hate the EDL so much?

You can disagree with someone without all the hate unless the hate is for a very good reason. So whats yours Mel? Whats your reason?

Personally I dont like them much really but I dont hate them. I dont like them because they went off message. If they had stuck to fighting radical islam and not walked around looking like football hooligans spoiling for a ruck and saying/doing dumb things they would have gotten more support and less ridicule. As it stands they are a joke but on the bright side at least they arent blowing up arenas full of kids or ramming vans into innocent pedestrians or slicing up a few innocent bystanders or chopping off a serving soldiers head.

Silver linings and all that.

How long do you think they stuck to fighting radical islam for?

There might have been some before, that is the first one I'm aware of.

It is a simple task to google the EDL members' criminal convictions. Hundreds of them were leaked onto the net a few years ago. Many others have followed since.

It doesn't make pretty reading. Loads and loads of racially aggravated crime, attacks on Mosques, public order offences.

Let Dimple defend them if he likes. I expect that nobody is surprised that he is doing just that.

For the rest of us, with a normally calibrated moral compass, they are a vile hate filled group.

Edited by Naive

It is a simple task to google the EDL members' criminal convictions. Hundreds of them were leaked onto the net a few years ago. Many others have followed since.

It doesn't make pretty reading. Loads and loads of racially aggravated crime, attacks on Mosques, public order offences.

Let Dimple defed them if he likes. I expect that nobody is surprised that he is doing just that.

For the rest of us, with a normally calibrated moral compass, they are a vile hate filled group.

Youll have no problem quoting my defense of them I take it.

Ill ignore your last comment and put it down to you not reading before typing. Dont abuse me again though or I will report you for it.

Youll have no problem quoting my defense of them I take it.

Fair enough. Quite aside from your passive aggressive posting style, I'll invite you to explain how these posts are not defending them.

As for your silly comment about reporting me, be my guest. I'm just saying what I see.

Agreed but this does not mean they are a hate group

Agreed again but again this does not make them a hate group

And again, this does not make them a hate group.

As I remember it, the EDL was formed to fight against radical islam.

It may have changed over the years but as I recall that was its original aim and a very worthy aim i might add.