Will the EDL ever become a political party?

All because he wants to preserve our culture?

Does he really want to preserve our culture? I'd love to hear what our culture is defined as.

We're a country of immigrants and the children of invaders and immigrants, we speak a bastardised language and the 'national' religion is a variation of a foreign religion.

I'm sure somewhere in the haze of his rememberance of our culture there are haywains, morris dancers, maypoles and beefeters. But that country hasn't been around for a long time.

Why should we engage with a violent criminal who promotes hate?

What would you like to debate with him?

You're saying he promotes hate, I have not seen evidence of that, his followers yes, and his opponents far far more.

What would I like to debate with him, tactics. They are poor. Lets not shy away from that. Lack of specific demands. Very poor.

So he needs to have a think about what the majority of Britain want and need in regard of dealing with the islamist enemy, lay a marker down on that, then step back for a period and let the government take action against them or not.

If they don't then back to marching fair enough, but just marchinf for marchings sake is not achieving anything.

So he needs to have a think about what the majority of Britain want and need in regard of dealing with the islamist enemy, lay a marker down on that, then step back for a period and let the government take action against them or not.

Why would you want, or expect, an idiot like Robinson to adopt any kind of prominence or have any kind of political influence?

What's with this 'lay down a marker on that' guff? Are you seriously implying that you think he's in any kind of position to make sensible policy on anything?

Why would you want, or expect, an idiot like Robinson to adopt any kind of prominence or have any kind of political influence?

What's with this 'lay down a marker on that' guff? Are you seriously implying that you think he's in any kind of position to make sensible policy on anything?

You're to a large degree in agreement with Mr Robinson. Why the hell is he in this position? He's not very intelligent. Yet he's the voice opposing jihadis in this country.

We can say no, he's not!

So who are the establishment figures in this country opposing islamism in this country?

Does he really want to preserve our culture? I'd love to hear what our culture is defined as. We're a country of immigrants and the children of invaders and immigrants, we speak a bastardised language and the 'national' religion is a variation of a foreign religion.

I'm sure somewhere in the haze of his rememberance of our culture there are haywains, morris dancers, maypoles and beefeters. But that country hasn't been around for a long time.

What's brought all that on? Haters gonna hate, eh? Possibly not within your memory, but then people with your attitude are beginning to overcrowd the place and painting a picture of a country that most British people don't recognise. I bet the Beefeaters and morris dancers will be surprised to find they're just a hazy memory. The ones I've seen recently all looked quite hale and hearty. :hihi:

But, I mean the culture of tolerance, forbearance, fairness, helping other people out, sportsmanship, wicked sense of humour, peaceful camaraderie, acceptance, that this country is famous for around the world, which is why so many people want to come and live here. All steadily being eroded year on year. Some of the later immigrants are going to get a shock when they arrive and find out that what they've arrived in is worse than what they left behind.

I reckon by the time I'm an old man the place will be full of the descendants of people like you, Chris, Halibut etc etc who've been reared to believe all the tripe you posted. What a great place that's going to be. Full of narrow-minded people with an axe to grind and no real idea about what it is they hate so much.

You're to a large degree in agreement with Mr Robinson. Why the hell is he in this position? He's not very intelligent. Yet he's the voice opposing jihadis in this country.

We can say no, he's not!

So who are the establishment figures in this country opposing islamism in this country?

Only the Government and all the major political parties.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 00:15 ----------

What's brought all that on? Haters gonna hate, eh? Possibly not within your memory, but then people with your attitude are beginning to overcrowd the place and painting a picture of a country that most British people don't recognise.

Really? Which picture is that then?

But, I mean the culture of tolerance, forbearance, fairness, helping other people out, sportsmanship, wicked sense of humour, peaceful camaraderie, acceptance, that this country is famous for around the world, which is why so many people want to come and live here. All steadily being eroded year on year.

What or who are you suggesting is eroding the tolerance, acceptance and so on?

What's brought all that on? Haters gonna hate, eh? Possibly not within your memory, but then people with your attitude are beginning to overcrowd the place and painting a picture of a country that most British people don't recognise. I bet the Beefeaters and morris dancers will be surprised to find they're just a hazy memory. The ones I've seen recently all looked quite hale and hearty. :hihi:

But, I mean the culture of tolerance, forbearance, fairness, helping other people out, sportsmanship, wicked sense of humour, peaceful camaraderie, acceptance, that this country is famous for around the world, which is why so many people want to come and live here. All steadily being eroded year on year. Some of the later immigrants are going to get a shock when they arrive and find out that what they've arrived in is worse than what they left behind.

I reckon by the time I'm an old man the place will be full of the descendants of people like you, Chris, Halibut etc etc who've been reared to believe all the tripe you posted. What a great place that's going to be. Full of narrow-minded people with an axe to grind and no real idea about what it is they hate so much.

1st paragraph,

My point is what is an english culture? there really isn't one. the quintisential english things I mentioned don't represent the english very well at all. They are a pastiche of small parts of england.

And what exactly is my attitude?

that we shouldn't listen to the desendents of immigrants complain about immigrants..Its as ridiculous as the argument for the death penalty,'Lets kill someone to show that killing someone is wrong'.

2nd/3rd paragraph.

You seem to be contradicting yourself, "tolerance, forbearance, fairness, helping other people out, sportsmanship, wicked sense of humour, peaceful camaraderie, acceptance" but not of foreigners

but you stand in support of someone who doesn't show these traits, in fact just the opposite.

I was raised by english parents in about as english a town as you could ask for. It wasn't a chocolate box village and it wasn't an inner city but I was reared to belive and to actually BE tolerant and respectful and honest and help people out blah blah blah.

The EDL are just unfortunately a racism based party. If it was 20/30 years ago the'yd no doubt have been ranting about blacks and pakis.

Its that simple.

Thats why I dislike them because they are quite the opposite to what I believe. The irony is still we are a mongrel countryand anyone who comes here eventually gets indoctrinated to our way of thinking and becomes british through submergance in our society and our way of life which is very much a mix of 'other' cultures.