Will the EDL ever become a political party?

Quite.

So what do we think about the message of the EDL outside the admittedly reasonable negative views against them presented by some and the clear slurs by less nice people?

Who you talking too Andy? :huh::D

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 02:04 ----------

It's all kicking off on Facebook tonight with the accusations of flower throwing and the infidels of Sheffield https://www.facebook.com/groups/infidels.of.sheffield/ ramping up the racism.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 01:53 ----------

Ian Crossland looks like a particularly nasty specimen.

Tommy disowns that lot :)

Quite.

So what do we think about the message of the EDL outside the admittedly reasonable negative views against them presented by some and the clear slurs by less nice people?

Countries are a human construct. We are too busy defending our 'national identity' and imposing our law on other nations to realise that we are in big trouble. I really don't care how many immigrants we have or how much it costs provided the system is fair. There are people who have much more than they need and there are people with nothing.

It's all kicking off on Facebook tonight with the accusations of flower throwing and the infidels of Sheffield https://www.facebook.com/groups/infidels.of.sheffield/ ramping up the racism.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 01:53 ----------

Ian Crossland looks like a particularly nasty specimen.

Thanks for that link, I have spotted 4 people I know on it and the best thing is they never let on that they are EDL or infidels of Sheffield supporters.

If you support something than have the balls to admit it or is it shamefull to admit being a racist.

Edited by mafya

1st paragraph,

My point is what is an english culture? there really isn't one. the quintisential english things I mentioned don't represent the english very well at all. They are a pastiche of small parts of england.

And what exactly is my attitude?

that we shouldn't listen to the desendents of immigrants complain about immigrants..Its as ridiculous as the argument for the death penalty,'Lets kill someone to show that killing someone is wrong'.

2nd/3rd paragraph.

You seem to be contradicting yourself, "tolerance, forbearance, fairness, helping other people out, sportsmanship, wicked sense of humour, peaceful camaraderie, acceptance" but not of foreigners

but you stand in support of someone who doesn't show these traits, in fact just the opposite.

I was raised by english parents in about as english a town as you could ask for. It wasn't a chocolate box village and it wasn't an inner city but I was reared to belive and to actually BE tolerant and respectful and honest and help people out blah blah blah.

The EDL are just unfortunately a racism based party. If it was 20/30 years ago the'yd no doubt have been ranting about blacks and pakis.

Its that simple.

Thats why I dislike them because they are quite the opposite to what I believe. The irony is still we are a mongrel countryand anyone who comes here eventually gets indoctrinated to our way of thinking and becomes british through submergance in our society and our way of life which is very much a mix of 'other' cultures.

If there is no English culture how could you have been brought up in"about as English a town as you could ask for" how would you know it was?

You're to a large degree in agreement with Mr Robinson. Why the hell is he in this position? He's not very intelligent. Yet he's the voice opposing jihadis in this country.

He's the voice opposing jihadis? :)

He's a voice, but he only gets attention for it because he marches his goons and thugs through the street and causes trouble. He's not even a wise voice.

When I hear about something happening in the middle east - I certainly don't go to the EDL for their analysis. The very people who regularly post about the EDL and apologise for them are the last people who have anything to say about Egypt, or Syria. Foreign politics and religion is hard. It's easier just to get drunk and shout "no more mosques".

----

I mean the culture of tolerance, forbearance, fairness, helping other people out, sportsmanship, wicked sense of humour, peaceful camaraderie, acceptance, that this country is famous for around the world

I find an irony in a group of football hooligans defending the tolerance, forbearance and peaceful camaraderie of this nation.

The EDL are on a mass delusion. I genuinely believe that. The fact that they consider themselves a Human Rights organisation never fails to amuse me.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

What do you think of his conviction for headbutting a nazi for giving a sieg heil salute?

Lennon doesn't have a conviction for head-butting a Nazi for giving a Sieg Heil salute. He has a conviction for head-butting an EDL member, Alan McKee, who Lennon had mistook for another EDL member, Alan Smith, who had accused Lennon of being a police informer.

Lennon pleaded not guilty at his trial and didn't use the Sieg Heil defence and no witness gave evidence that Lennon did what he did because of a Nazi salute or indeed that there had been a Nazi salute. It is after all not much of a defence to argue that your own organisation attracts the sort of people who give Nazi salutes. Lennon concocted the Nazi salute story well after the trial in order to play down his violent nature but clearly didn't think through the Nazi implications.

The truth is here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LldxMilH4U&feature=youtu.be

The fact that you believe and spread Lennon's lies on here says a lot about you.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 08:44 ----------

My understanding was the incident happened after he had been trying to remove far right people from the EDL, he had given a speech naming some names of nazis who were not welcome in the edl one of whom was present and started loudly seig heiling and giving a hitler salute and moved aggressively towards him. Mr Lennon/Robinson/whatever at that point dropped him with a head butt.

Your understanding comes from Lennon's lies. He did not say this in court as part of his defence. You are clearly either very naïve or a very bad liar. Either way you're an apologist for a violent liar.