Chav "culture", EDL/UAF etc blah blah blah

Aren't all these just diverting the blame and gazing eye away from the real problems ?

Not sure if this makes me a lefty, a righty, or just plain nuts :hihi: but whilst ever we are fighting against ourselves (not that i'm any of the above :D ) i can't help but see it all as a political tactic.

Wholeheartedly agree with your first line, not so the second.

Fraid so, the more diverse, interesting and accessible a town is the more likely it is to survive, Sheffield hates 'foreigners' 'different' and SCC hate 'car drivers' which is why it will never be able to compete.

Sheffield hates 'foreigners' 'different'

Don't be so bloody silly, what are you basing that statement on as it's not my experience at all. Or are you just poking the hornets nest ?

Yesterday i spent the day in a very mixed crowd, the same mix that brought Sheffield to a standstill just a mile away, and i had the most wonderful time, as did those around me.

There are problems i admit, but i don't blame the people. Social policies have been a disaster in the last 20 years, which brings me back to the OP.

To quote John Lydon, "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated" ? :suspect:

I dream of revolution. ;)

A regular (if not wholly accurate) complaint on here is that it's just 'students' that make up the numbers of the UAF. I suppose people do this to minimise what the demonstrators are saying....

Tuppence ha'penny looking down on tuppence is a phrase that springs to mind

UAF are just idiots. They don't stand for anything other than to oppose others.

There is an element of that for sure. The left has thugs just as the right does. No amount of education can make a UAF thug any better than an EDL thug once they choose violence, threats and intimidation as options.

There is an element of that for sure. The left has thugs just as the right does. No amount of education can make a UAF thug any better than an EDL thug once they choose violence, threats and intimidation as options.

My thoughts exactly,both driven by hate.Maybe we can round them all up and drop them on an island and leave the rest of us in peace.

I think you will find UAF are far from 'chavs' (a pejorative 'classist' term anyway that shouldn't be allowed on here), UAF and the broader opposition who came out yesterday with some exceptions are comfortably off, educated, good jobs, private homes, the students will largely be as well, MC families, etc.

Archived