Getting rid of bees

they are not bumble bees and i wouldn't kill those as i do know they are in decline they have already repaired the damage i caused with the rake i have took a pic not great but they look like honey bees. I dont know how to put a link up for anyone to double check

*All* bees are in decline. Please do not kill them.

Just leave them be and learn to live round them

Yes leave them alone they will leave about end september and you will not see them again . Show your little girl what they are doing and explain all about honey bees , I had a nest near my front door last year and nobody got stung. They seem to like a particular plant mine were always on a pyrocanthus 1000s of them a joy to watch. My grand child age 11 was wanting them to come back this year but they never did.

Please dont kill the bees, as long as they are left alone they will leave you alone, bees will try their best to avoid having to sting, once they sting they're dead. If they were wasps i'd be saying completely different but bees are good, send them to my garden so they can pollinate my plants :D

Honey bees have nested in my front step for a few years now, They're not there for long but come back every year and never bother us you can sit next to the entrance to the nest and they just keep on with their busy work and ignore you.

you will be glad to know we are going to leave them and clear when they have died off. we have put some bricks around the nest just so we don't stand on them by accident and lesson learned clear grass cutting straight away in future.

you will be glad to know we are going to leave them and clear when they have died off. we have put some bricks around the nest just so we don't stand on them by accident and lesson learned clear grass cutting straight away in future.

Leave the pile of cuttings next time you might get grass snakes in it if you're lucky

• 10 months later...

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have bees going in & out of a hole under the eves of my house & into the encased soffit board. I presume I have a bees nest, but because I can not see, as everything is cladded in plastic, I am a bit reluctant to pull all the cladding off. I have looked into my loft & I can't bees in the loft space, so I think, they are just inside the soffit area only.

You can hear the bees at night from my young son's bedroom (Which is starting to freak him out)

What I need to know is, if the bees get left alone, to run their natural course, will they (the Bees & Lava) do any damage to my property? Will they keep returning every year if left alone? Do I need to get a pest control out? Obviously I am aware of the situation with the ever declining numbers of bees, so I don't really want to kill them, but as I have said, they are freaking my son out + Damage to my Property? So to exterminate them maybe the lesser of 2 evils.

Advice is welcome please.

Archived