Getting rid of bees

Get in touch with the bee keepers association, or what ever they called, they will gladly take it away and look after them,

what ever you do, don't harm the bees let the professionals deal with them.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have bees going in & out of a hole under the eves of my house & into the encased soffit board. I presume I have a bees nest, but because I can not see, as everything is cladded in plastic, I am a bit reluctant to pull all the cladding off. I have looked into my loft & I can't bees in the loft space, so I think, they are just inside the soffit area only.

You can hear the bees at night from my young son's bedroom (Which is starting to freak him out)

What I need to know is, if the bees get left alone, to run their natural course, will they (the Bees & Lava) do any damage to my property? Will they keep returning every year if left alone? Do I need to get a pest control out? Obviously I am aware of the situation with the ever declining numbers of bees, so I don't really want to kill them, but as I have said, they are freaking my son out + Damage to my Property? So to exterminate them maybe the lesser of 2 evils.

Advice is welcome please.

Contact these guys, theyll come and remove them for you:

http://www.sheffieldbeekeepers.org.uk/contact-us/

I think you have answered your own question really but we had some bees under my shed a few years ago and they just vanished/died after about a month. Just had a quick google and it appears that they wont damage your property but dont quote me.. good luck

Thank you for all your advice.

If the Bees will run their course, not keep returning each year & wont do any damage to my property & as they are not inside my home, I will most likely leave them alone.

But the trade off will be.. I will have to swap with my son & let him sleep with his mum, while I have his bed for the duration.

My next question is, does anybody know how long it will take the Bees to go through their cycle & vacate the nest (presuming they are only just starting to build it now) ? Because that's how long I'll be in my son's room + afterwards I will go up a ladder with a silicone sealant gun & block up any holes. I would not want to block them in, if there are still some inside & cause me a bigger problem by the bees trying to make another way out & even finding their way into my Loft.

Thank you for all your advice.

If the Bees will run their course, not keep returning each year & wont do any damage to my property & as they are not inside my home, I will most likely leave them alone.

But the trade off will be.. I will have to swap with my son & let him sleep with his mum, while I have his bed for the duration.

My next question is, does anybody know how long it will take the Bees to go through their cycle & vacate the nest (presuming they are only just starting to build it now) ? Because that's how long I'll be in my son's room + afterwards I will go up a ladder with a silicone sealant gun & block up any holes. I would not want to block them in, if there are still some inside & cause me a bigger problem by the bees trying to make another way out & even finding their way into my Loft.

Contacting the local beekeepers is a much better idea. They'll probably remove them safely or at least be able to offer you correct & professional adivce.

I have honey bees under my front step that return every year,

You only see them for a couple of months and then they go. They never bother us or get aggressive i can sit on the step right next to the nest and they just go on with their business.

To be honest i like them and happy to do my bit for the environment but more because they don't effect me, Whereas if you're being bothered by them I'd leave them this year and when they're gone block the entry point and they might not return.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have bees going in & out of a hole under the eves of my house & into the encased soffit board. I presume I have a bees nest, but because I can not see, as everything is cladded in plastic, I am a bit reluctant to pull all the cladding off. I have looked into my loft & I can't bees in the loft space, so I think, they are just inside the soffit area only.

You can hear the bees at night from my young son's bedroom (Which is starting to freak him out)

What I need to know is, if the bees get left alone, to run their natural course, will they (the Bees & Lava) do any damage to my property? Will they keep returning every year if left alone? Do I need to get a pest control out? Obviously I am aware of the situation with the ever declining numbers of bees, so I don't really want to kill them, but as I have said, they are freaking my son out + Damage to my Property? So to exterminate them maybe the lesser of 2 evils.

Advice is welcome please.

Please leave them alone, were short of them- there here to pollinate

Contacting the local beekeepers is a much better idea. They'll probably remove them safely or at least be able to offer you correct & professional adivce.

Presumably a beekeeper will be able to remove the queen which will in turn lead all the others to disperse.

Archived