Getting rid of bees

Hi

I had exactly the same problem last year. I contacted the bee keepers association and sent pictures. The bees were tree bees and so they said to just leave them. We did leave them and they went/ died around sept/oct. It is quite scary to hear them and we were a little freaked by the noise as it is quite loud. Unfortunately they are back again this year. After they have left this time we are going to get someone in to take a look, remove the nest and seal it closed.

Good Luck with what ever you decide.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have bees going in & out of a hole under the eves of my house & into the encased soffit board. I presume I have a bees nest, but because I can not see, as everything is cladded in plastic, I am a bit reluctant to pull all the cladding off. I have looked into my loft & I can't bees in the loft space, so I think, they are just inside the soffit area only.

You can hear the bees at night from my young son's bedroom (Which is starting to freak him out)

What I need to know is, if the bees get left alone, to run their natural course, will they (the Bees & Lava) do any damage to my property? Will they keep returning every year if left alone? Do I need to get a pest control out? Obviously I am aware of the situation with the ever declining numbers of bees, so I don't really want to kill them, but as I have said, they are freaking my son out + Damage to my Property? So to exterminate them maybe the lesser of 2 evils.

Advice is welcome please.

I had the exact same last week, I called sheffield environmental health and they came out and killed them for £48, a lot and a shame as bees are not nasty like wasps but same as you they could be heard above my 7 year old sons bedroom, so making sure the kids are safe was more paramount to me then not having the bees killed. Mine were bumble bees too not honey bees so no one would take them away

I had a bee nest, they took over the bird house at the bottom of the garden. A local beekeeper told me they were bumble/tree bees and were not aggressive and they would vacate around September which duly they did. I quite enjoyed their visit and found them interesting to watch and as another poster has suggested, you can sit beside them and they just ignore you. I was hoping for their return this year but as of yet no sign of them.

These will be bumble/tree bees and will vacate the temporary nest around the end August, never to return. I had a similar problem and contacted a friend of a friend who kept bees and the information he gave me was spot on. They are a protected species, generally docile and offer no threat to you unless compromised. I quite enjoyed their presence and found it interesting to watch them, to the point that I have installed a wild bee box in my garden, but as of yet it is not occupied. If they really bother you contact an apiarist who would move the nest for you.

The problem is I cannot use my balcony while they are there as I am allergic to stings and I won't be able to let my 2 year old granddaughter play out there, so I would like to have them removed if possible. I do not want to kill them just do not want them on my balcony.

I had an unwanted Bee's nest last year in our outhouse. We were told to leave them alone and they would equally ignore us. We followed this advice and they left at the end of summer. We were in and out of the outhouse and we were left alone by them. If you don't provoke them you should be safe. :)

Archived