Does Islam enrich the UK?

Gathering in a mosque is pointless as the rest of us don't go to such places. Such things need to be done publicly. As for the organisations mentioned in the second link, they are not representative of the mainstream, being UK government funded, and hence, influenced.

Oh come on, if I wanted to be pedantic I never mention state sanctioned execution but lets not go down that road as we can pic the nits for the next hour, or can you accept the point that if it is the countries political policy is not to give homosexuals any legal rights, in a country so violently hostile to homosexuals it is a de facto death sentence to be actively homosexual.

OK, so what is apparent is you cannot be wrong and when you are you will not accept it and try to move the goalposts :roll:

Yes! I would! They need to disassociate themselves lest their silence be taken as tacit approval, if not more.

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 21:12 ----------

Heart-warming.

I didn't see any of the Irish or Roman Catholics people I knew standing on the rooftops making sure everyone knew they didn't approve.

Gathering in a mosque is pointless as the rest of us don't go to such places. Such things need to be done publicly. As for the organisations mentioned in the second link, they are not representative of the mainstream, being UK government funded, and hence, influenced.

But it was in public - there were cameras recording the condemnations.

But it was in public - there were cameras recording the condemnations.
No, it was in front of cameras, i.e. stage managed. Not in public. And really, I meant in a public place, where the public can and do go.

OK, so what is apparent is you cannot be wrong and when you are you will not accept it and try to move the goalposts :roll:

So you'd prefer to spend you time picking the nits, or maybe it's more about scoring the points? It matters nothing.

I didn't see any of the Irish or Roman Catholics people I knew standing on the rooftops making sure everyone knew they didn't approve.

BELFAST, Northern Ireland — Several thousand Catholics and Protestants united in a silent protest Wednesday against the Irish Republican Army dissidents who have put Northern Ireland on edge — and its peace in doubt — with deadly attacks that have left three dead since the weekend.

More than 2,000 people gathered at lunchtime in front of Belfast City Hall to register their protest against Northern Ireland’s worst dissident IRA violence in a decade. Thousands more gathered in at least three other cities, including predominantly Catholic Londonderry and Newry, where dissidents have been active.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue/2009/03/11/111919-n-ireland-in-silent-protest-against-ira-dissidents/

Archived