Does Islam enrich the UK?

Hopefully it includes data relating to atheists, as I doubt many of our 'own' benefit claimants subscribe to membership of a religious group.

I'm curious as stating a religious preference when claiming state benefits isn't required, so I'm not sure how the data could be gathered.

Obviously you've going to post evidence to support that proposition?

I have found this: http://www.fairuk.org/docs/OSI2004%208_UKmuslimlab.pdf

It seems the ONS no longer publish the data on the religions of benefits claimants.

However the above link shows that the religious group with the lowest employment rate is Muslims, while those with the highest are Christians and then Non religious (atheists), to answer Boyfriday's question.

The data I was referring to was the percentage of each religion that is unemployed and noteworthy the Jews where the lowest (who would have guessed that :) )

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 14:46 ----------

I'm curious as stating a religious preference when claiming state benefits isn't required, so I'm not sure how the data could be gathered.

I would be surprised if it where no longer recorded, but the ONS seems to no longer publish the data.

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 16:14 ----------

I have found some more supporting data from the ONS.

Here is a snippet:

Economic activity status

Employment rates varied greatly by ethnic and religious group

in 2001. Many ethnic minority groups had low employment

rates and high unemployment and economic inactivity rates.

The White British group had the highest employment rates,

coupled with the lowest unemployment rates and low

economic inactivity rates. Employment rates were particularly

low in the Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Black African groups and

among men from the Other Black group. Bangladeshi and

Pakistani women had markedly lower employment rates than

those of other ethnic groups.

Of the different religious groups, Muslims had the lowest

employment rates, particularly among women, a pattern that

was consistent among Muslims of different ethnic groups.

However, there was some variation among Muslims by ethnic

group: Indian Muslim men had higher employment rates than

Muslim men of other ethnic groups, while White British Muslim

women had the highest female employment rate among

Muslims. In contrast, Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslim women

had the lowest employment rates of any Muslims.

The full report (Focus on Ethnicity and Religion, 2006 Full Report) can be found here:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/ethnicity/focus-on-ethnicity-and-religion/2006-edition/index.html

This data does not backup my claim that 3 times more muslims claim JSA, I'm still to find this data, but the above does back up retep's earlier assertion and highlight Boyfridays request for data on atheists.

Well Islam's been no benefit to me whatsoever because I'm not a Muslim.

Has it taken anything away from me? No, because I'm not a Muslim or required to observe any aspects of the doctrine as a non Muslim.

That was really my point with the pigeon fancying analogy.

Not at the moment, maybe!

And on your first point, I don't see how Islam benefits Muslims either!

I have found this: http://www.fairuk.org/docs/OSI2004%208_UKmuslimlab.pdf

It seems the ONS no longer publish the data on the religions of benefits claimants.

However the above link shows that the religious group with the lowest employment rate is Muslims, while those with the highest are Christians and then Non religious (atheists), to answer Boyfriday's question.

The data I was referring to was the percentage of each religion that is unemployed and noteworthy the Jews where the lowest (who would have guessed that :) )

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 14:46 ----------

I would be surprised if it where no longer recorded, but the ONS seems to no longer publish the data.

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 16:14 ----------

I have found some more supporting data from the ONS.

Here is a snippet:

The full report (Focus on Ethnicity and Religion, 2006 Full Report) can be found here:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/ethnicity/focus-on-ethnicity-and-religion/2006-edition/index.html

This data does not backup my claim that 3 times more muslims claim JSA, I'm still to find this data, but the above does back up retep's earlier assertion and highlight Boyfridays request for data on atheists.

And there's this,

“They give us the money. You work, give us the money. Allah Akbar, we take the money. Hopefully there is no one from the DSS (Department of Social Security) listening.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/anjem-choudary-muslim-preacher-explains-government-assistance-to-fund-jihad-holy-war-2013-2

Archived