Piper Road,, anyone ever lived there.

Cycleracer

I am trying to find any photos or information on Piper Road, particularly the upper side close to the church.

Did anyone live there at anytime, did you know anyone who did.

Maybe you had relatives or friends there.

I know this is a long shot but the forum brings in some amazing sources.

Piper Road is in Longley Sheffield and if you can reply to this thread you will already know that.

• 1 year later...
Guest poppins

I lived on Piper Close back in the middle/late 50 s, back then our house was accross the street from some garages, not there now i assume, we could see the church from our house.

i use to walk through Longley Park every day to St Patricks school, we movedinto a council house from a private house on Herries road, not sure why, think my dad wanted more beer money to spend in the Magnet.

The garages were demolished about 6 years ago and some bungalows and flats for the elderly have been built.

I will send you a pic when I get the chance poppins.

Can you remember the Charles Hall murder case in the 50s on Everingham Close.

I have a thread on here about that, try a search.

Guest poppins
Originally posted by Cycleracer

The garages were demolished about 6 years ago and some bungalows and flats for the elderly have been built.

I will send you a pic when I get the chance poppins.

Can you remember the Charles Hall murder case in the 50s on Everingham Close.

I

have a thread on here about that, try a search.

Cycle

Just read it on Google, very sad case, 1953, i don't recall it back then, thanks for the info.

• 4 years later...

Archived