Keeping Glasses Clean

Is there any way to keep eye glasses clean, I wear mine a lot and find am having to clean them after a few days.

They always become grubby and greasy at the corners facing the nose bridge for some reason.

When I do clean them I rinse off any dirt under cold water, then rub washing up liquid all over the glass and frames.

Then I rinse again under cold water, shake well to remove excess water and leave to dry a bit before buffing up with a glasses cloth.

Is there any way to keep eye glasses clean, I wear mine a lot and find am having to clean them after a few days.

They always become grubby and greasy at the corners facing the nose bridge for some reason.

When I do clean them I rinse off any dirt under cold water, then rub washing up liquid all over the glass and frames.

Then I rinse again under cold water, shake well to remove excess water and leave to dry a bit before buffing up with a glasses cloth.

Doubt there is any other way than you do already, but be careful about putting washing up liquid on your specs if you have any coatings, can't remember what coatings I have on my glasses but the optician told me not to use washing up liquid because it'd ruin em.

I just wipe em over with the cloth and give em a rinse in cold running water every now and then, but I don't need my glasses on all the time only for work and driving.

Archived