Tesco strimmer: How do i repair the line

The OH has thrown away the box AND instructions for the new Tesco Strimmer.

Can anyone tell me how to change the broken line before the sun goes down please?

I can see a push in button which seems to hold the cover over the reel.

There are 2 side buttons which release the cover.

I don't know where the 2 ends of the line go......

Help please...............

Thank you so much Megalithic. I Youtube everything else, never thought to Youtube that... DOH.

Didn't realise the 2 ends were supposed to be loose either, thought they should connect somewhere... double DOH.

Off to strim................. thanks again!

The OH has thrown away the box AND instructions for the new Tesco Strimmer.

Can anyone tell me how to change the broken line before the sun goes down please?

I can see a push in button which seems to hold the cover over the reel.

There are 2 side buttons which release the cover.

I don't know where the 2 ends of the line go......

Help please...............

take the cover off you will see a reel wind the line the way the arrow shows you

Forget the line and bin it ... poor quality and keeps snapping if it comes into contact with grass!

Do what I do and Sellotape kitchen knives to the spinny thing ... works a treat! :thumbsup:

(Don't bolt a propellor to the spinny thing though whatever you do ... unless of course you're not afraid of heights) :gag:

Forget the line and bin it ... poor quality and keeps snapping if it comes into contact with grass!

Do what I do and Sellotape kitchen knives to the spinny thing ... works a treat! :thumbsup:

(Don't bolt a propellor to the spinny thing though whatever you do ... unless of course you're not afraid of heights) :gag:

Haha......Nice one.

These cheap strimmers are useless, I know that from my own experience buying one from Argos. You would assume that a Bosch strimmer would be OK, not so, the line breaks the minute it comes into contact with grass and its a fiddly job re instating it. I took mine back to Argos the same day and got my money back due to it being useless.

Archived