Employment Lawyers

Are there any employment lawyers who are members here? I need some advice please.

Regards

MM

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 18:00 ----------

I am desperate for some advice here. I have been dismissed from my teaching profession due to false and malicious allegations made against me, that constitute gross misconduct. !8 years dedicated service to my students, and college, and this is my reward for it!!! I have an appeal coming up in about 10 days and would like some advice please.

Regards

MM

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 19:39 ----------

Hey come on peeps, give me some advice please, we are desperate here!

Allegations of that nature and that severity needs more attention than unqualified and most likely inaccurate advice from here.

Go and get advice from an employment solicitor. First point (if you are in one) is contact your union as the often have a legal advice helpline / links with local solicitors.

If not, get on google and find a local firm to book a proper appointment and advice session.

Without any sight of the allegations, evidence, responses, correspondence and appeal documenation - casual advice from an annonymous source on here will do diddly squat for your appeal.

You need a proper lawyer. Go and get one.

Hi Ecco

Thanks for your reply.

I am in UCU Union, and I have had area representation. I have followed all their procedures, and now have a appeal coming up. I have 18 years exemplary record, and won the only award last year for going that extra mile for my students. This stinks to say the least! Certain so called colleagues and a couple of their students telling lies about me!

Geez this is a crap world when they can destroy you with lies!!!

Hi Ecco

Thanks for your reply.

I am in UCU Union, and I have had area representation. I have followed all their procedures, and now have a appeal coming up. I have 18 years exemplary record, and won the only award last year for going that extra mile for my students. This stinks to say the least! Certain so called colleagues and a couple of their students telling lies about me!

Geez this is a crap world when they can destroy you with lies!!!

If you are in UCU you'll have access to their employment lawyers surely?

EDIT: Ignore that, I;ve just seen the post above saying you've had area representation.

If you put that to the hearing then they will definitely consider it.

18 years as a teacher, you're obviously on a pretty decent wage and as a teacher with your career at stake you should be smart enough to pull a few hundred quid out of your wallet for a decent lawyer.

This is your career we're talking about.

I have been stitched up by some 2 faced lying Bas***ds who are after promotion and a 10k rise in wages If I am gone they get their wishes!!!

Tossers!!!

That's awful....All those years of service and hard work. Is it your current post they want?

Can you recommend a decent employment lawyer? I will lose my house, car, smallholding, horses, final salary pension, my 2 daughters inheritance, my career, reputation, and all that is worth living for, after all these years of dedication.

Can you recommend a decent employment lawyer? I will lose my house, car, smallholding, horses, final salary pension, my 2 daughters inheritance, my career, reputation, and all that is worth living for, after all these years of dedication.

I'm sorry I'm lucky enough to never had the need for one. Though I'm certain the CAB would hold a list of reputable ones - could your union's lawyers give you extra advice?

Archived