Are the Muslim Defence League racist?

Are the MDL racist?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are the MDL racist?

• Yes
    • No

Your link did not work but the racial_epithet but says all that needs to be said.

The link works for me, it can be used in a derogatory way but the original usage of the word is not meant to be racist or derogatory.

The link works for me, it can be used in a derogatory way but the original usage of the word is not meant to be racist or derogatory.

Think Andy means the article you linked to doesn't really say/explain anything Mafya.

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 02:11 ----------

Just to add to that, did you mean this link ?

An astute observation.

Not very astute, Pakistanis are only one section of Islam,Our own PT is a muslim but you wouldnt call her a "****" would you.I spend quite a bit of time in the Pakistani community and while the "****" word gets used on the streets I very rarely hear the word "muzzy"I do hear it but surprisingly it is used my the more middle aged of of the populace ,not people you would connect to your beloved EDL

Oh and I know youre dying to know what I call them..Well theres Ali of course and a couple of Khans ,Mohammed,Sanjit.Umair,Waleed oh and not forgetting Usman,I cant he wont let me

"it is not compatible with EU rules". What sort of bs newspeak is that?

People going feel how they feel, with good reason, EU rules not going to change that, are they.

I like this bit.

incompatible with European rules” and with “the basis on which Europe is founded”

This is what is wrong with the EU, Europe wasn't founded, it’s a continent full of many different people with very diverse opinions and beliefs, and they can't all be expected to think alike, a small group of powerful people at the top setting rules that no one has agreed to, won't change everyone’s opinions and beliefs, but it will create more resentment.

Not very astute, Pakistanis are only one section of Islam,Our own PT is a muslim but you wouldnt call her a "****" would you.

My neighbours of the last 20 years are a Yemeni family. I regularly heard them referred to as "pakis". That changed about 8 or 9 years ago to "muslims".

Not very astute, Pakistanis are only one section of Islam,Our own PT is a muslim but you wouldnt call her a "****" would you.I spend quite a bit of time in the Pakistani community and while the "****" word gets used on the streets I very rarely hear the word "muzzy"I do hear it but surprisingly it is used my the more middle aged of of the populace ,not people you would connect to your beloved EDL

Oh and I know youre dying to know what I call them..Well theres Ali of course and a couple of Khans ,Mohammed,Sanjit.Umair,Waleed oh and not forgetting Usman,I cant he wont let me

My bold... I would hope that, being a blonde, blue-eyed, Nordic (Viking heritage) type, that I would not be described as a "****"! it'd be as odd as a Native American Indian being described as Irish! *chuckle*.

As you correctly say, being a follower of Islam has no regard for differences in race or colour. Malcolm X, who was, at first, very anti-white people (hardly surprising considering what Black people had gone through in the US, with segregation and slavery) went on Hajj (the Muslim Pilgrimage) and had his preconceived ideas turned completely on their head, when he saw black white, brown and yellow people all together as one, performing their prayers as one... He realised the truth about the universality of Humankind, and that we were all of the same race, the Human Race, and that being black, brown white, or yellow was an irrelevance.

Amongst the circle of ladies who attend our Mosque, we have all kinds of races and nationalities. We have Mixed Race (Afro-carribean/ European, Arab/European Asian/European), African, Arab, Chinese, Vietnamese, Pakistani, Somalian, Turkish, a White-Serbian Muslim lady, and a couple of Australian-Pakistani ladies. We're not "an African", we're not "a European", or whatever... We're all sisters, together. and our sisterhood, and that connection we have with each other is beautiful.

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 16:42 ----------

True, and some people use "kaffir" in exactly the same way they used "gora" ten years ago.

Both our statements are true.

How helpful they are to anything at all I am unsure, but they both have veracity.

Did you know, Andy, that we Muslims really should not use the term "Kaffir/ Kuffar/ Kufr" about unbelievers? Did you know it's actually a sin for us to do so?

In Islam, we hold the belief that only God can see into a person's heart, and discern whether they are "Kuffar" or not.

Someone may swear like a trooper, but inside they may have that spark of belief, that makes them one of the "faithful".

Another may dress in her hijaab or burqa, and outwardly, appear to be all "holy/ pious"... and yet in her heart she may have all sorts of evil festering.

We only see what people allow us to see, whereas Allah Almighty knows what is in our hearts, and only HE can say "You are a Kuffar" or "You are a believer"

Archived