Do you have sky tv?

If everyone cancelled their sky and other TV subscriptions the footie and cricket would soon be back on ITV or BBC! :hihi:

Much more likely that the FA would set up their own subscription based broadcaster. If it went back to the BBC / ITV then they, and all the teams in the top leagues would see their budgets slashed.

Besides there's BT Sport now taking over all of ESPN's and some of Sky's matches. There are rumours that while Sky intend to up their prices in September, they may also do a massive price slash for new customers in reaction to BT's announced pricing plans.

Buy one of these Vu Solo boxes. You buy the box, and there are no subscription. You get all the Sky channels, including movies and sports.

The only downside is that you can't record unless you buy the more expensive models.

Got rid last year. With the exception of the odd bit of rugby, it wasn't getting enough use to justify the price.

I keep track of the few programmes I like with a combination of Netflix, LoveFilm and iTunes, or I wait for the DVD.

Next: get them to stop the weekly junk mail and just about daily phone calls trying to tempt me back.

Buy one of these Vu Solo boxes. You buy the box, and there are no subscription. You get all the Sky channels, including movies and sports.

Which again, is illegal.

There are reports that Sky is in the latter stages of a change to it's encryption methods, due to launch later this year, which will not only require all their subscribers to get a new viewing card, it will also stop in one swoop all these alternative receivers from decoding their signals.

why not get yourselfs a raspberry pi put xbmc on it and add some add ons

tv catchup gives you all uk freeview channels also

bbciplayer

plus thousands of free films most hd films all free to watch alot better than netflix are lovefilm and all free

plus hundreds of more streams all free from all around world

also sky sports streams not hd tho

obviously you need to be on internet

are if you have a laptop are pc with hdmi out could always use that to do same thing

wrong wrong wrong the pi streams 1080p movies flawless in full 1080p :loopy:

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 12:21 ----------

quality is brilliant iplayer is all hd i think just watched eastenders on iplayer streamed in hd brilliant quaility :)

also if you have a ipod touch iphone are ipad you can use the airplay on this to wirless stream to tv same as apple tv does

theres sooooo many projects the pi could do

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=raspberry+pi+projects&oq=+raspberry+pi&gs_l=youtube.1.2.0l10.41107.41107.0.43600.1.1.0.0.0.0.127.127.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.pHuHZ-7M_A8

If they do have an ipad/ipod etc, they could just install XBMC straight to it.

I have a Cyclone Nano which I flashed to Linux XBMC (runs fine) in the bedroom, while if I want to watch XBMC downstairs I run an HDMI lead from my Android Tablet, which also runs XBMC

Register with the Telephone Preference Service then when they next ring, tell them that you no longer want to be contacted again and they should take your number off their system. :hihi:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

I've been with the TPS for years. It's useful, but not for stopping calls from companies who you've previously granted the right to contact you (and lately, I'm told, for cold callers who're based overseas and spoof UK numbers).

I'll get around to telling them to bugger off soon enough, but as they're just a number on caller display it's not too much of a big deal.

Archived