Are police forces 'cultivating' abuse victims?

I wonder how many "false" accusations have led to convictions,it seems the norm at the moment to believe anybody and everybody who claims to be a victim.

In post #83 you asked a question. In post #86 Suffragette1 answered your question and then gave detailed information as to why it's largely irrelevant compared to point she has been making. In post #87 you essentially ignored her point and continued on your tack of talking only about false allegations. Why is that?

In post #83 you asked a question. In post #86 Suffragette1 answered your question and then gave detailed information as to why it's largely irrelevant compared to point she has been making. In post #87 you essentially ignored her point and continued on your tack of talking only about false allegations. Why is that?

Because I like to play devils advocate,it gets results far better than agreeing with certain posters just because they are who they are.

What results are you looking for?

God knows. Glamrocker seems overly preoccupied with "compo seekers" and labours under the misapprehension that there is a large number of vengeful and vindictive women out to accuse innocent men of rape when the evidence is the absolute contrary. This false rape argument rears its ugly head on every rape thread, unless of course the rapists are Muslim in which case the victims never have aspersions cast on their characters nor the veracity of their reports questioned. Strange that.

Ill accept that,do you accept that women lie sometimes ?

Yes. But it's abundantly clear that the number of women who make false claims of rape is miniscule compared to the number of women who are raped and who get to see their attackers in court, let alone convicted.

It strikes me as odd that you seem to very frequently raise this point whilst making little or no comment about the fact that the odds remain massively stacked against women - you remain highly likely likely to be able to rape a woman and get away with it.

Wrong surely? Disturbing that you choose to focus almost exclusively on one side rather than the other I think.

Yes. But it's abundantly clear that the number of women who make false claims of rape is miniscule compared to the number of women who are raped and who get to see their attackers in court, let alone convicted.

It strikes me as odd that you seem to very frequently raise this point whilst making little or no comment about the fact that the odds remain massively stacked against women - you remain highly likely likely to be able to rape a woman and get away with it.

Wrong surely? Disturbing that you choose to focus almost exclusively on one side rather than the other I think.

I suppose that's because the basis of UK law is innocent until proven guilty, and rape is a very difficult crime to prove, one can prove intercourse easily, but rape is often one persons word against the other with no witnesses. The law simply can't protect women from rape, it can't be policed, and we can't simply lock every man up that is accused. This sadly means that women are the only people that can put measures in place to cut their chance of becoming a victim.

I suppose that's because the basis of UK law is innocent until proven guilty, and rape is a very difficult crime to prove, one can prove intercourse easily, but rape is often one persons word against the other with no witnesses. The law simply can't protect women from rape, it can't be policed, and we can't simply lock every man up that is accused. This sadly means that women are the only people that can put measures in place to cut their chance of becoming a victim.

I see. So the onus is on women not to be raped rather than on men not to rape. How do you propose that women "cut their chance of becoming a victim"?

No it doesn't. We can educate our boys and young men not to become rapists.

I see. So the onus is on women not to be raped rather than on men not to rape. How do you propose that women "cut their chance of becoming a victim"?

I don't, because to cut their chance would mean they may loose some of the freedoms they enjoy, its a personal choice for each women how best to avoid being in a situation which may result in them being assaulted. I put measures in place to prevent my house being burgled, I take measures to negate my risk of being assaulted, each person is different and willing to take different levels of risk.

How would you cut the chances of women becoming a victim?

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 07:58 ----------

No it doesn't. We can educate our boys and young men not to become rapists.

How would you do that? We are all told crime is wrong yet our prisons prove that some people don't care.

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 07:59 ----------

Quite and well said. This is the way forward.

Same question. How?

We've tried to educate people with regard to drinking, speeding and using mobile phones whilst driving, it didn't work because people still drink, speed and use mobile phones whilst driving.

Archived