Are police forces 'cultivating' abuse victims?

The last one has nothing to do with stopping a rapist,its more to do with false accusations

Which was my point, so why put it in a list to help cut down on the risk of rape?

It seems a shame though that people/women may have to consider a list like that before venturing out especially these days of supposedly high crime detection and repeat offender labelling it seems from cases Iv read about that are sexually orientated the system is failing.

I agree 100%.

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 13:00 ----------

You can't stop a rapist because that would involve going back in time, you can cut your risk of being raped though.

Really. So you believe that the only way to prevent crime is to go back in time? Or are we heading down the road of a 2 hour debate on the meaning of the word stop?

Really. So you believe that the only way to prevent crime is to go back in time? Or are we heading down the road of a 2 hour debate on the meaning of the word stop?

A rapist by definition as already committed the rape, so you can't stop a rapist, you could lock everyone up to prevent them becoming rapists, but that wouldn't be a sensible policy. Everyone already knows they shouldn't rape someone, clearly the ones that do, aren't overly bothered that they shouldn't do it, just like many motorists aren't overly bothered about the possible consequences of speeding, drink driving, using a phone whilst driving, all of which can be caught in the act. Sadly its very unlikely that a rapist will be caught in the act and because its very difficult to prove rape, its best to avoid being raped in the first place.

A rapist by definition as already committed the rape, so you can't stop a rapist, you could lock everyone up to prevent them becoming rapists, but that wouldn't be a sensible policy. Everyone already knows they shouldn't rape someone, clearly the ones that do, aren't overly bothered that they shouldn't do it, just like many motorists aren't overly bothered about the possible consequences of speeding, drink driving, using a phone whilst driving, all of which can be caught in the act. Sadly its very unlikely that a rapist will be caught in the act and because its very difficult to prove rape, its best to avoid being raped in the first place.

I apologise for being wrong. The word that we'd end up endlessly debating the meaning of was rapist.

So you didn't mean to apologise. :o

It was a post mocking your habit of side tracking almost every debate by minutely discussing the meaning of words used. I thought that you'd chose the word - stop, but on this occasion you picked out the word - rapist.

It was a post mocking your habit of side tracking almost every debate by minutely discussing the meaning of words used. I thought that you'd chose the word - stop, but on this occasion you picked out the word - rapist.

So you side tracked the debate by mocking a post you clearly didn't understand.

On this thread I haven't discussed the meaning of any words and when I do its because someone is using a word incorrectly.

On this thread I haven't discussed the meaning of any words and when I do its because someone is using a word incorrectly.

Well you need to contact admin as some has hacked your account and posted using your username.

Archived