Are police forces 'cultivating' abuse victims?

Well, that's the beauty of SF! You can choose to discuss what you want on your terms and don't have to take any kind of responsibility for posting stuff that's damaging to abuse survivors.

This post is just typical of you.

Myopic and confrontational.

Always out for a spat with anyone who doesnt agree with you and your warped view on some things.

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 15:22 ----------

Why is it damaging to 'survivors'?...Am I physically damaging someone? It's just opinions!...No matter what I say, you're obviously completely at the other end of the spectrum, so rather than argue and bicker, I simply choose not to. I take responsibility for everything I post, but that doesn't mean I have to have a toe to toe argument with someone I know is intent on portraying me as some kind of monster!

Dont waste your breath.

Shes a stirrer that one. Men are the enemy, women can do no wrong kind of mentality.

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 15:34 ----------

Why is it worth mentioning? Why not instead address the issue that an estimated 85% of rapes and sexual assaults are never reported?

Perhaps they didnt get reported because they didnt happen.

Always out for a spat with anyone who doesnt agree with you and your warped view on some things.

Dont waste your breath.

Shes a stirrer that one. Men are the enemy, women can do no wrong kind of mentality.

There are lots of reasons why men and women don't report rapes and sexual assaults. If you had one ounce of empathy, you'd understand that.

Or perhaps you've written that to do a bit of stirring yourself?

If only one makes a false claim which leads to wrongful imprisonment ,thats enough ,as for my non comments nothing disturbing about it Suffragette puts it over more eloquently than I ever could and I agree with most of her comments but I also dont like to see the underdog batting alone,I would have thought you of all people would understand that.

I also concur with the principle that the Police may be looking for something thats not there in some of the recent cases.Police work on the numbers game,the more the merrier as far as they are concerned

The underdog when it comes to rape and sexual assault is very definitely women rather than men.

Dont waste your breath.

Confrontational? Hardly. Myopic? The reverse I would say when concern is for the impact that language and attitudes have on survivors.

The estimated number of unreported rapes is based on statistics compiled by Rape Crisis and their service users. So are you suggesting that women lie about being raped for, hmmm, let's think . . . what reason could there be? They felt like phoning a helpline or accessing their counselling service just for the sake of it?

Confrontational? Hardly. Myopic? The reverse I would say when concern is for the impact that language and attitudes have on survivors.

The estimated number of unreported rapes is based on statistics compiled by Rape Crisis and their service users. So are you suggesting that women lie about being raped for, hmmm, let's think . . . what reason could there be? They felt like phoning a helpline or accessing their counselling service just for the sake of it?

Estimated. Hmmmm.

So not actual, just estimated?

Not factual, just estimated?

An estimate isnt fact, no matter how much youd like it to be different.

Its just as likely that these "rape crisis" outfits are just massaging the figures to make their role in society seem more important.

Im estimating that is the case.

No facts, not proof, im just estimating.

See? It works both ways.

---------- Post added 14-06-2013 at 10:39 ----------

Or some could be jumping on the current "rape gravy train"?

You know the one, where people are so distressed and upset by being allegedly touched up 40 years ago so must make a big deal of it now?

A big deal which just coincidentally happens to get some of them a potential big pay out?

Its just as likely that these "rape crisis" outfits are just massaging the figures to make their role in society seem more important.
Only they know for sure, but if they have to shout to make their voice heard, is that really a bad thing?

Or some could be jumping on the current "rape gravy train"?

You know the one, where people are so distressed and upset by being allegedly touched up 40 years ago so must make a big deal of it now?

A big deal which just coincidentally happens to get some of them a potential big pay out?

I don't get this. When did someone getting convicted for raping/sexual assault equate to a lottery win?

Watson B can put whatever spin on he wants onto Rape Crisis statistics to suit his agenda. Another one perpetuating rape culture who for reasons unknown casts aspersions on victims and those working in the field. It's always very telling when people judge others by their own standards and project.

Watson B can put whatever spin on he wants onto Rape Crisis statistics to suit his agenda. Another one perpetuating rape culture who for reasons unknown casts aspersions on victims and those working in the field. It's always very telling when people judge others by their own standards and project.

Quite. You can imagine the macho chest beating if his mother/sister/daughter ever claimed to be the victim of a sexual assault.

Archived