Getting from Sheffield to Heathrow for a 9am flight

going from Heathrow as opposed to Manchester has saved me an amazing £250.

when I've done this before I just got a National Express bus to Heathrow in the night, leaving at about 1am.

but not getting much joy from their website and they seem a difficult company to call. Is the Heathrow airport coach still running? I've got it several times before, but not for a few years. It takes an age and is quite expensive but at least it gets you straight there.

if it isn't, my options are tricky. MegaBus could get me to Victoria station in time for £4 (they have a night bus) but they apparently only go from Meadowhall, not the coach station and can I really trust them? Also I do not really fancy walking from Victoria coach station to the tube with my big bags and then being on the crowded tube train with it.

Why don't you go down the day before and stay overnight in a travelodge ?

I think the whole thing is a money-saving exercise, so a travel lodge kinda wipes out the savings.

A saving of £200 isn't to be sniffed at, buy god will it make the journey a long old one.

Why don't you go down the day before and stay overnight in a travelodge ?

I'm sure there will be one near Heathrow.

Travelodges, etc can do good deals sometimes, but if you actually look, or enquire they are always based on two sharing. But if I could find one very near the airport, yes I might consider it. One year I stayed in a cheapie 30 quid Chiswick guesthouse near the Tube for Heathrow, not too far out, that gave me a bit of time in London, just walking around and going to a couple of museums which never goes amiss. But that tube out there to Heathrow in the morning was still hard work with a big bag. Airport bus is best. There used to be one that got there at around 6am which would suit me perfectly but I can't find it on their website. I guess I'll have to go into Pond St and buy a ticket there.

Have you looked at flights from Manchester to Heathrow? I was looking at this for flights last January and found several options from around £20 each way, although I was looking about 4 months in advance.

I think the whole thing is a money-saving exercise, so a travel lodge kinda wipes out the savings.

A saving of £200 isn't to be sniffed at, buy god will it make the journey a long old one.

it is a long one anyway from Manchester. Only a little bit longer from London - 3 hours maybe. All in all it will take about 32 hours door-to-door Sheffield to Manila, with a four hour stopover in Abu Dhabi to break things up, avail of the free voucher you are entitled to with a four hour plus stopover. Abu Dhabi is not a bad airport with good duty free shops, nearly as good as Dubai's.

Have you looked at flights from Manchester to Heathrow?

I have a bit, but best I saw was more like £50 not too bad I might consider that especially as I have never taken an internal UK flight before out of over 100 flights. However that 9am departure works against me and there don't seem to be any flights in the early hours of the morning i.e. about 4am which would suit me best. I could stay at a mate's house in Manc though and just get a taxi to the airport though, so might consider it if I find a suitable flight. Really I have to get there to check in by 7am at the latest, also was not sure if I have to faff about changing terminals at Heathrow. And of course, I do not want to spend the night in Heathrow. What are the best sites for looking for Man-Heathrow flights. Also I'll have a big 25 kilo bag which might up the fare.

Really I have to get there to check in by 7am at the latest, also was not sure if I have to faff about changing terminals at Heathrow. And of course, I do not want to spend the night in Heathrow. What are the best sites for looking for Man-Heathrow flights. Also I'll have a big 25 kilo bag which might up the fare.

Who are you flying with from Heathrow? It helps if you can find a flight with a partner airline because then you should be able to check in for both flights in Manchester and have your bags transferred automatically in Heathrow.

I think I found those prices from random searches eventually taking me to BA. Didn't fly in the end, caught the train instead, but we were travelling at a more sensible time (8.30pm departure!) which made life a bit easier. Did end up on the tube at rush hour with enough baggage to last a month long trip, which was, lets say, cozy :hihi:

The airline is Etihad.

Hmmm... Etihad don't seem to do codeshares to Manchester, or participate in any of the big partner groups, which means you'd probably have to collect your bags and recheck-in at Heathrow, which as you say is a pain when you need to be there for 7am.

Archived