Living a childhood dream!!

After a few years of trying ive finally become a member of a tiny little pond!! The pond is proper mr crabtree stuff with a small handful of pegs(5-6) with plenty of reeds and lilly beds, one of them ponds where you can cast in and you never know what your going to hook next, roach rudd bream tench perch carp gudgeon golden orfe, crucians small carp BIG CARP!!!!! Havent fished it yet but am planning a short evening session very soon. Will keep you all posted and try and put on some pics :)

• 2 weeks later...

had my first short afternoon session up here yesterday evening, only taking with me an 11ft match road coupled up with a 3000 reel loaded with 4lb guru drag. set up was a drennan loaded crystal waggler taking 2 number 1 shots with a couple of number 8 droppers, hook was a 16 guru mwg. started fishing near some lillies around 3 rodlengths out, there was fish cruising everywhere, plenty of carp and some big shoals of bream. i started off with a worm hookbait but was plagued with small perch and gudgeon so decided on corn and started getting some decent skimmers and a tench around 2lb. was getting some crazy sailaway bites but could not hit them, tried shallowing up, laying on the deck everything, there was no explanation why i was missing them. ended up catching a few more skimmers and tench before it was time to go. next time am going to try and catch some of the resident carp by fishing bread shallow, there is a population of ducks on there which would make surface fishing a problem. and pellets are not allowed so cant fish the pellet waggler, although i may try this with luncheon meat.

will keep you posted :)

Archived