Where is best place for scrapping a car

Sad news need to scrap my little work horse car.

It failed its MOT and would cost more to fix than its worth.

Where is the best place to Scrap it in Sheffield and roughly how much do you get?

Not sure of best place,but most pay about £100 a ton.

this forum is fantastic for it. I placed an ad here when I scrapped a Ford last year and was totally indundated, including some totally ridiculous offers that I knew they must have lost money on after picking up. Everybody is trying out the business even when they have no business sense. I got 100 for the Ford even though it was still driveable and not a total wreck at all. It had only cost me 250 to buy with MOT etc, eight months before. Maybe I could have got 150 for it, but some were offering 200 - that seemed way too high to me for scrap for just a car and it made me doubt as to whether they would actually turn up. There was a time when you had to pay them to get rid of them.

this forum is fantastic for it. I placed an ad here when I scrapped a Ford last year and was totally indundated, including some totally ridiculous offers that I knew they must have lost money on after picking up. Everybody is trying out the business even when they have no business sense. I got 100 for the Ford even though it was still driveable and not a total wreck at all. It had only cost me 250 to buy with MOT etc, eight months before. Maybe I could have got 150 for it, but some were offering 200 - that seemed way too high to me for scrap for just a car and it made me doubt as to whether they would actually turn up. There was a time when you had to pay them to get rid of them.

Was it a diesel ?

EMR if you've got a log book, you can even leave the wheels and battery on.

Take cat off and weigh it in separately if its a diesel.

Forget those petrol cats that are part of the manifold, EMR are a waste of time with cats though, robbing buggers.

Mine is running I use it everyday for work it just failed MOT on emissions, just not got the inclination to spend money sorting out it . So I'm just running it till Mot runs out. Poor thing kinda got attached to it.

Archived