Brewdog bar coming to Sheffield ?

Andy C

No, they will dismiss that as bland, industrial rubbish that they are on a mission to rid the world of.....

Well that will hardly get people through the doors - places such as the Kelham Island Tavern at least have a normal beer/lager on draught to cater for those who dont like warm pints...

And especially in an area like Division Street, some people will walk in, see what is on offer, and promptly walk back out again.

Well that will hardly get people through the doors - places such as the Kelham Island Tavern at least have a normal beer/lager on draught to cater for those who dont like warm pints...

And especially in an area like Division Street, some people will walk in, see what is on offer, and promptly walk back out again.

dunno about that, but I'm sure a lot will when they see the price list!

dunno about that, but I'm sure a lot will when they see the price list!

That's the big issue with me.

I like both keg and draught beer if it's a good pint.

I do think some beers lend themselves better to keg, like Raven and Halcyon, but my biggest issue with keg beer is that it tends to be about a £1 more expensive for a pint.

For the ice hockey down in Nottingham I often pop into a pub adjacent the arena called the Bunkers Hill. They've started having Jaipur on keg there, but it's £3.90/pint, whilst the other beers they sell on draught are a little over £3.00.

Regards

Doom

That's the big issue with me.

I like both keg and draught beer if it's a good pint.

I do think some beers lend themselves better to keg, like Raven and Halcyon, but my biggest issue with keg beer is that it tends to be about a £1 more expensive for a pint.

For the ice hockey down in Nottingham I often pop into a pub adjacent the arena called the Bunkers Hill. They've started having Jaipur on keg there, but it's £3.90/pint, whilst the other beers they sell on draught are a little over £3.00.

Regards

Doom

Thornbridge are expensive anyway - their trade prices are about 40-50% higher than most breweries!

keg needn't be expensive, the two problems are that the use of disposable kegs has become endemic, meaning you pay for the privilege of the brewer's convenience, and that most pubs use a % markup when pricing, so that an extra 30p a pint on the trade price becomes an extra quid at the bar, despite the beer incurring exactly the same overheads between delivery and dispense...

I don't think warm pints will be an issue at Brewdog....

Also its not a huge place, I don't think a few people that aren't their target audience walking out will worry them!

I for one am pleased that Brew Dog is opening soon and am very excited about next Saturday.

I think some people need to calm down and get off their high horse about Brew Dog, "craft" beer and keg beer.

Good beer is good beer regardless of who sells it, who has produced it and whether it is in cask, keg or bottle.

I used to be a CAMRA member but am no longer as in my opinion CAMRA is stuck in the past and stuck in it's ways. As a result they would rather promote and push beers and breweries that are boring, uninspiring and bland as long as they are "real ale". On the other hand any beers or breweries that are predominantly keg are the devil.

In my opinion there are far to many micro breweries produce average bland rubbish which in an already over saturated market is not a good thing. What I want to see are more breweries producing exciting beers that are a true pleasure to drink regardless of them being cask or keg.

I drink a lot or beer and spend a lot of money on beer as it is my love in life. I now tend to drink more keg than cask as the more exciting beers and breweries tend to favour cask. However, my favourite brewery is Steel City hands down. They beat Kernel, Magic Rock, Brew Dog as they do not produce a bad beer and all their beers are exciting. Steel City beers are all cask beers although they have bottled recently. If more breweries produced exciting beers in cask I would drink more cask beers.

Getting back to Brew Dog yes they can be expensive, yes all the propaganda is boring but they do produce some good beers. Brew Dog sheffield will offer something different and we should celebrate this addition to the Sheffield scene.

Archived