Brewdog bar coming to Sheffield ?

Andy C

They'll probably sell their own craft rock n roll lager.......at about £5/pint. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

yeh get a normal pint of carling ,warm it up and let it go flat then put some bits in it and charge a fiver.

;)

I for one am pleased that Brew Dog is opening soon and am very excited about next Saturday.

I think some people need to calm down and get off their high horse about Brew Dog, "craft" beer and keg beer.

Good beer is good beer regardless of who sells it, who has produced it and whether it is in cask, keg or bottle.

I used to be a CAMRA member but am no longer as in my opinion CAMRA is stuck in the past and stuck in it's ways. As a result they would rather promote and push beers and breweries that are boring, uninspiring and bland as long as they are "real ale". On the other hand any beers or breweries that are predominantly keg are the devil.

In my opinion there are far to many micro breweries produce average bland rubbish which in an already over saturated market is not a good thing. What I want to see are more breweries producing exciting beers that are a true pleasure to drink regardless of them being cask or keg.

Steel City beers are all cask beers although they have bottled recently. If more breweries produced exciting beers in cask I would drink more cask beers.

Getting back to Brew Dog yes they can be expensive, yes all the propaganda is boring but they do produce some good beers. Brew Dog sheffield will offer something different and we should celebrate this addition to the Sheffield scene.

Agree whole-heartedly with most of that. I think Steel City are about to do some kegs, the crafty so `n` so`s ;)

"Beer Meccas, Hop Temples and Cathedrals of Malt. Beacons of hope, laughter and occasional hell-raising in the citadel. Home to movers, seekers, warriors, and serious craft beer junkies.

BrewDog Bars are places where you can become indulged in everything that is great about craft beer from the depth of flavour and character, to the passion of the people behind the world's best beers.

We pride ourselves on serving only the best, most exciting and most flavoursome craft beers we can get our paws on from all corners of the planet. Giving you the opportunity to escape the pathetic monotony of mass market industrial beers made by faceless multi-national corporations.

As well as showcasing BrewDog beers, our craft beer bars are libraries of beery masterpieces from the likes of BrewDog, Stone, Mikkeller, Struise, Alesmith and many more.

No Carling. No Tennents. No shots. No bull**** - just good honest beer.

Visit our BrewDog craft beer bars to be introduced to a world of beer you never knew existed."

http://www.brewdog.com/bars

---------- Post added 03-03-2014 at 07:33 ----------

Thinking about it, the Brewdog bar will be the only pub or bar on the Division Street/Devonshire Street run that doesn't serve real ale!

It will probably also have the most expensive beer too.

Should have an interesting range though.

"Beer Meccas, Hop Temples and Cathedrals of Malt. Beacons of hope, laughter and occasional hell-raising in the citadel. Home to movers, seekers, warriors, and serious craft beer junkies.

BrewDog Bars are places where you can become indulged in everything that is great about craft beer from the depth of flavour and character, to the passion of the people behind the world's best beers.

We pride ourselves on serving only the best, most exciting and most flavoursome craft beers we can get our paws on from all corners of the planet. Giving you the opportunity to escape the pathetic monotony of mass market industrial beers made by faceless multi-national corporations.

As well as showcasing BrewDog beers, our craft beer bars are libraries of beery masterpieces from the likes of BrewDog, Stone, Mikkeller, Struise, Alesmith and many more.

No Carling. No Tennents. No shots. No bull**** - just good honest beer.

Visit our BrewDog craft beer bars to be introduced to a world of beer you never knew existed."

http://www.brewdog.com/bars

---------- Post added 03-03-2014 at 07:33 ----------

Thinking about it, the Brewdog bar will be the only pub or bar on the Division Street/Devonshire Street run that doesn't serve real ale!

It will probably also have the most expensive beer too.

Should have an interesting range though.

Brewdog is expensive and generally strong/high abv

I dont like their nottingham bar and i dont like their drinks.

In fact I cant stand brewdog what so ever !!!

[iWe pride ourselves on serving only the best, most exciting and most flavoursome craft beers we can get our paws on from all corners of the planet. Giving you the opportunity to escape the pathetic monotony of mass market industrial beers made by faceless multi-national corporations.

I'd take that a lot more seriously if they opened their bars in beer deserts, where they are genuinely up against the macro swill

but as far as I recall every single one of their bars is in an area with a well-established beer scene, where thye presumably hope to poach beer fansfrom existing purveyors of craft beer...

Brewdog is expensive and generally strong/high abv

I dont like their nottingham bar and i dont like their drinks.

In fact I cant stand brewdog what so ever !!!

Dont go in then. More space for those of us who do.

Archived