Brewdog bar coming to Sheffield ?

Andy C

Venue for Sheffield CAMRA`s Xmas do then?!

I very much doubt it - Brewdog currently do not offer real ale, just fizz (albeit quality craft brewed fizz!), nor I suspect does their food offer extend to Christmas dinners....

However I do believe the Brewdog bar should be a positive addition to Sheffield's beer scene as they are doing something interesting, stocking beers that few other bars have and getting people talking and thinking about good beer.

I've started saving already. I reckon by the end of October I might be able to afford a pint (or maybe a schooner?) of something ridiculously strong...

I've been to the Leeds and Nottingham branches recently and whilst the decor and staff are way too up their own posteriors for my liking the (expensive) beer has always been superb.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if they'll be selling this in their bars:

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/to-ol-mine-is-bigger-than-yours-xxxl

Regards

Doom

Wow that's quite extreme, even for craft beer. But wouldn't put it past Brewdog to stock it. After all most of their bars hold a bottle of End of History - their once record breaking 55% beer bottled inside roadkill:

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/341

But they won't sell it at any price - allegedly! I believe the Sheffield Tap has their bottle nominally marked up at £1999 if anyone feels like testing this. ;)

the one in the Sheffield Tap is £99999 according to the bottle menu... however, you'd feel extremely ripped off (even by BD standards!) as the bottle on display is in fact empty! it was divvied up and handed out at the BD meet the brewer a couple of years back, so I got to try it at a very reasonable price - free!

the one in the Sheffield Tap is £99999 according to the bottle menu... however, you'd feel extremely ripped off (even by BD standards!) as the bottle on display is in fact empty! it was divvied up and handed out at the BD meet the brewer a couple of years back, so I got to try it at a very reasonable price - free!

Wow they must have put it up then! Maybe someone did offer to buy it! I envy you having tried it. I have only tried a couple of their 'extreme' beers and, whilst I did enjoy Tactical Nuclear Penguin, I baulk at paying £5 a shot for it. Especially when Paradox and Tokyo are almost as good for a fraction of the price.

Wow they must have put it up then! Maybe someone did offer to buy it! I envy you having tried it. I have only tried a couple of their 'extreme' beers and, whilst I did enjoy Tactical Nuclear Penguin, I baulk at paying £5 a shot for it. Especially when Paradox and Tokyo are almost as good for a fraction of the price.

Did a bit on the TNP a while back and we have had way more hits for that than for any other post on our blog!!! :confused:

Did a bit on the TNP a while back and we have had way more hits for that than for any other post on our blog!!! :confused:

LOL. Well these days any discerning wino can smuggle a couple of 'vials' of Wat Dickie around town if they really want to pay a fiver for a 35% beer. Beats the minitures in the hotel minibar tho!

• 1 month later...

Archived