4G and FREEVIEW interference

They are operating on different frequencies that can't interfere with Freeview. These filters are to protect against interference from new 4G transmissions on the old analogue TV frequencies that are adjacent to those used by Freeview and can interfere.

So if I read you correctly -If your TV has Freeview built in - You won't be affected. but If you use a Freeview box with an old crt TV you will need a filter?

So if I read you correctly -If your TV has Freeview built in - You won't be affected. but If you use a Freeview box with an old crt TV you will need a filter?

It doesn't matter if your tv is an old one using a Freeview box or an up to date one with freeview built in it, either way it could be affected.

A few pointers here

https://at800.tv/find-out-more/the-problem/

No.

Think of frequencies as a long street of terraced houses, most of which are occupied by noisy people with little noise proofing.

Freeview lives in numbers 41-52, homes which used to be occupied by Analogue TV. The current 4G lot are up in numbers 200, so as much as they shout and party, they don't distract the Freeview people. However, the noisy 4G lot have now bought some of the other old Analogue homes and are moving into some of numbers 53-60.

The filters, in this analogy, noise proofing. By fitting the filter, the noisy neighbours can be reduced and your Freeview signals will not be affected.

Hopefully you can see that the types of equipment you operate makes no difference, it's entirely down to how noisy the new neighbours are in your area as to whether you need the filter or not.

There is a possibility that FREEVIEW in Sheffield could be affected by the new 4G signal used by mobile phones.

The mobile phone companies are/have sent out a postcard.

They will send out one filter per address for free.

We have 5 FREEVIEW receivers all using separate internal aerials.

Currently the filters are available for about £8.

Having already paid for a FREEVIEW box for a TV I did not expect to pay out another £32.

You won't.

The 4G company will have to. :hihi:

You will only be issued with one free filter, you will have to buy the rest if you are affected which seems a wrong to me

https://at800.tv/faq/what-if-i-have-more-than-one-tv-running-freeview/

You will only be issued with one free filter, you will have to buy the rest if you are affected which seems a wrong to me

https://at800.tv/faq/what-if-i-have-more-than-one-tv-running-freeview/

I don't see why it's wrong. It's not the fault of the company that the OP decided that they were going to have 5 separate aerials when the sensible option would have been a roof mounted aerial into a multi-way adaptor

Prediction: OP will moan about cables.

I have received my filter today and it does seem to work as we have problems since the switch over intermittently and the TV in the bedroom would have to switch off and back on to receive a signal but it seems fine now the filter as been fitted.

I have received my filter today and it does seem to work as we have problems since the switch over intermittently and the TV in the bedroom would have to switch off and back on to receive a signal but it seems fine now the filter as been fitted.

This won't be 4G related. None of the potentially interfering transmissions have started up yet.

I don't see why it's wrong. It's not the fault of the company that the OP decided that they were going to have 5 separate aerials when the sensible option would have been a roof mounted aerial into a multi-way adaptor

Prediction: OP will moan about cables.

Like many others 25 years ago we had one TV with an external aerial.

I could have moaned when we had other TVs bt I did not have to because they had internal aerials attached.

I could have moaned about cables when we wanted to watch TV on the desktops and laptops but I didn't because they came with little internal aerials.

Internet live TV is not good enough quality-yet, my point is will each device need a filter and will I have to pay and will visitors coming to Sheffield have to buy a filter to pick up FREEVIEW etc

my point is will each device need a filter and will I have to pay and will visitors coming to Sheffield have to buy a filter to pick up FREEVIEW etc

It's not yet known if every device will need one, but it is certain that many people watching Freeview won't even realise the issue exists because of the combination of channels they watch and the equipment they use not being affected by the signals.

At800 is a company set up to fund the fitting of these filters by the mobile phone companies. They have the choice of fitting lots of little cheap filters to affected homes, or a handful of expensive big filters to their transmitters. They opted for the former. Not surprising when you realise that the costs the incur comes from the Government, and they get to keep any savings. If you think they should be paying for several filters per house, contact your MP - they agreed to the current scheme.

Archived