4G and FREEVIEW interference

Hardly anyone has been effected by the problems, 99.9% of freeview receivers are not suffering from interference.

Most of the 4G masts have not been switched on yet (the 800 MHz ones). The ones that E/E use which are up and running but don't use the 800 specrum so they do not interfere with tv signals

• 4 weeks later...

I have just called the 'at800' number as I have been having problems with TV reception and thought that I could eliminate the possibility of 4G interference with a filter.

I have been informed that 4G cannot be responsible as it is not yet switched on in this area (Sheffield S10). Only York and Brighton are currently affected, I was told.

Looks like the problem for me is weather related combined with the generally weak/poor quality signal for some channels in this area.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

A quick question - does anybody know when 4G will be switched on in Sheffield (if it hasn't been already)?

I've lost all bar 8 of the freeview channels overnight, and now three days later the problem is no better. I got a post card a couple of weeks ago saying I might be affected by the 4G switch on - and as far as I know there are no problems with the tv, or the aerial. I've never had signal problems before, and the TV seems fine...

I've tried a factory reset, re-tune, manual tune, turning the tv off and re-tuning, removing the aerial and re-tuning and had a look at the aerial port which looks fine.

Just wondering if anybody else has been experiencing similar problems? I live in the S7 area.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi all,

A quick question - does anybody know when 4G will be switched on in Sheffield (if it hasn't been already)?

I've lost all bar 8 of the freeview channels overnight, and now three days later the problem is no better. I got a post card a couple of weeks ago saying I might be affected by the 4G switch on - and as far as I know there are no problems with the tv, or the aerial. I've never had signal problems before, and the TV seems fine...

I've tried a factory reset, re-tune, manual tune, turning the tv off and re-tuning, removing the aerial and re-tuning and had a look at the aerial port which looks fine.

Just wondering if anybody else has been experiencing similar problems? I live in the S7 area.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Don't know about the dates but you could ask your neighbours to see if their tv is affected or look on HERE for details.

You can also contact at800 by phone on 0333 31 31 800 or Freephone 08081313800.

Opening hours:

Weekdays: 7am – 10pm

Weekends & bank holidays: 9am – 5pm

No.

Think of frequencies as a long street of terraced houses, most of which are occupied by noisy people with little noise proofing.

Freeview lives in numbers 41-52, homes which used to be occupied by Analogue TV. The current 4G lot are up in numbers 200, so as much as they shout and party, they don't distract the Freeview people. However, the noisy 4G lot have now bought some of the other old Analogue homes and are moving into some of numbers 53-60.

That's a brilliant analogy! I might steal that if someone irl tries to get me to explain it, oh who am I kidding I definitely will.

Archived