Where was Ivy Farm, Woodseats?

The farmhouse was on the end of The Dale, there was a sweet factory there for a few years, then a car rental place and offices and now it's a block of private flats, shaped like a horseshoe. Suppose the fields were around where the crematorium is now, Fraser Estate and Barber's Field?

Edited by natjack

I know I've read stuff in Activ8, the local free mag, and on this section about people going to school at Woodseats, walking through the fields with cows actually in them. It's hard to believe now but it was only like maybe 60 years ago that it was really countryfied around the area.

• 3 years later...
There are several pictures of it here:

http://www.picturesheffield.com/

Just put "Ivy Farm" in the search box.

I used to live on Olivet Road Woodseats, my dad had a garage on the Dale. When they demolished the back to back houses at the bottom of our road a lot of them were rehoused on the Fraser estate. I used to walk down the Dale turn left through the farmyard and through the fields to the estate. One of our neighbours kept pigs where the crematorium is now.