Alton towers Muslim only day

Just wondering how people in sheffield feel about this

Now I'm catholic, but I have no problem with any other religions or agnostic/atheists

But... If there was a Christian only day at Alton towers, this would spark off a race war faster than you could say "can I get 2 tickets"

This is exactly why there has never been any kind of Christian/Jewish/Scientology etc. ONLY day at places like this

Now I find this prejudice against all other religions, that's the opinion I am entitled to, I understand Muslims do not drink or gamble, and only eat certain foods, but surely you can go to Alton towers, not drink, not gamble, eat the food you choose, and still have a good time, on any other day, why should their be a certain day allocated only to one religion?

Thoughts...

My understanding is that somebody has privately booked the theme park for the day. The person that made the booking happens to be Muslim.

It's not as though Alton Towers have decided to have a 'Muslim only' day. Thats not the case. It's a private booking. And the person that booked it can invite anyone they want. Muslim or otherwise.

Things like this, if true, do more harm than good; All that seemingly well meaning racial specific things like the "MOBO's" and the Black Police Federation do is perpetuate the psychological division between people.

---------- Post added 14-06-2013 at 12:30 ----------

My understanding is that somebody has privately booked the theme park for the day. The person that made the booking happens to be Muslim.

It's not as though Alton Towers have decided to have a 'Muslim only' day. Thats not the case. It's a private booking. And the person that booked it can invite anyone they want. Muslim or otherwise.

But just imagine if the BNP wanted to book the whole of Alton Towers for the day and insisted it be for whites only, and Alton Towers acquiesced.

Things like this, if true, do more harm than good;
Did you see the post above?

All that seemingly well meaning racial specific things like the "MOBO's" and Black Police Federation do is perpetuate the psychological division between people.

But 'music of black origin' exists and white folks aren't excluded from participating in it, creating it or winning awards at the annual ceremony!

But just imagine if the BNP wanted to book the whole of Alton Towers for the day and insisted it be for whites only, and Alton Towers acquiesced.

How do you know that the insistence was it was Muslims only, isn't it more logical as the poster said a Muslim booked the park privately and most of their friends/family happen to be Muslim? Do you think you're possibly creating a storm in a teacup?

My understanding is that somebody has privately booked the theme park for the day.
That doesn't come cheap at all. Even back then.

The person that made the booking happens to be Muslim.
The person did not happen to be Saudi, and Wahhabist, perchance?

Not that I begrudged Alton Towers grabbing the opportunity for commercial purposes, of course. But I found their corporate responsibility somewhat lacking.

Archived