Should the sales of goods act apply to prostitutes?

Should the sales of goods act apply to prostitution?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should the sales of goods act apply to prostitution?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.
    • I envy the blind. They don't have problems like this.

Even a corpse could be that :hihi:

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 21:19 ----------

:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 21:20 ----------

When I ask my local shoplifter to get me some perfume she always guarantees me it will be the big bottle.

Technically its not guaranteed, what if your "local shoplifter" gets caught stealing it? your not going to get your item then. If you do get your item will you be able to take it back if its faulty? not a cut and dried guarantee is it really :roll:

Technically its not guaranteed, what if your "local shoplifter" gets caught stealing it? your not going to get your item then. If you do get your item will you be able to take it back if its faulty? not a cut and dried guarantee is it really :roll:

Just as well she never gets nicked then ;)

It is the oldest profession in the world, and prostitutes are the 'goods'.

Yesterday this was the top trending BBC article;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-22887138

A man in Solihull recently complained to the police about a breach of the sales of goods act. The police did nothing, well they did, they warned him, the customer for wasting police time.

Was he right to complain?

Should the sales of goods act apply wrt prostitution?

What do you think?

theres a part of the sale of goods act that refers to the goods as being not fit for purpose,perhaps she didnt come up to expectations,and how come the man wasnt interviewed as its an offence to procure a prostitute i think

Q: Why is no-one prosecuting the man (the telephone-complainant) for:

a. wasting police time; and

b. mis-using the 999 emergency-services line?

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 13:20 ----------

Here's s.61(1) of the Sale of Goods Act 1979, so far as relevant:

“goods” includes all personal chattels other than things in action and money, and in Scotland all corporeal moveables except money; and in particular “goods” includes emblements, industrial growing crops, and things attached to or forming part of the land which are agreed to be severed before sale or under the contract of sale; and includes an undivided share in goods;

So the Act could never have applied in this case anyway!

This is stupid that woman is human being, with feelings and a heart not a bloody settee from DFS, and she probably does not want to walk the streets looking for perverts like him to have relations with, and if he has to uses the services of a Lady of the night what must he look like?? not Johnny Depp I am guessing lol. The Police did right to send him a letter, technically he was wasting their time, like that other person aid if it was a genuine grievance he had with a product he purchased he would have to contact Trading Standards, I am guessing he did not sleep with her as she did not satisfy he needs appearance wise so what would that have to do with The Police?? or Trading Standards what's his Beef?? or Mutton seen as she was a loose Lady ha ha silly man.:);):P

Archived