Darkness concert at Hallam Fm Arena

RachyW

I've just got back and I thought it was absolutely awesome, i'm in a state of shock, Justin Hawkins is brilliant at entertaining the crowd.

Anyone else go? What are your opinions?

im glad someone liked it

if the darkness are the best rock band the brits have then we are ****ed:(

im glad someone liked it

if the darkness are the best rock band the brits have then we are ****ed:(

Oh, I don't think they are the best rock band by far! To be honest I only have copied CDs of their albums! I went to the gig with my sister and her mate, because they invited me. I enjoyed myself loads! I have an ecletic taste in music, I'll listen to absolutely anything.

As for the best brit rock band - i'd say Oasis probably.

Green Day are probably my favourite all time band. I think.

LOL theyre hardly talentless !

I saw them support Def Leppard too (in London) Thought they were fantastic, good fun rock n roll. Very entertaining. They just sound like the kinda rock bands i liked back in the 80s when i first became a rock chic. Which is a good thung IMHO.

I can't be arsed/don't understand why people always bring up the *how unoriginal/ so-and-so wanabees* etc etc arguments. Is it a crime for bands to be influenced by their musical idols ?? Is ANYONE *original* these days ??

Some people are too serious about these things IMHO. If it sounds good - i like it. Maybe i'm easily pleased, but i like it that way ! ;)

Is it a crime for bands to be influenced by their musical idols ?? Is ANYONE *original* these days ??

Most certainly they are. Real groundbreaking bands re-define the very genre they are involved in. By re-defining I mean are not just a melting pot of 'copycat' or cloned rock music from the past like Darkness, I mean they are NEW and FRESH, and do not have anything readily identifiable as a copycat or clone source. Inspiration yes, but NOT just straightforward hi-jacking of someone elses music. Many bands are guilty of this shameless copying while trying to sound original, to the trained ear, they just sound like rip-off merchants.

Regrettably, the efforts of Justin and Co of the Darkness are without question copycat attenpts at various other bands without any form of new direction or original talent. They are a 'working mans club' band fit for cover versions of AC/DC and Leppard Songs...and thats all.

Now lets talk about some decent music shall we????

Oh I do wish people would get off their high horse!

I went last night and they were fantastic if other people don't like that then so be it. But when people come on a DARKNESS thread and start giving it all this holier than thou 'let's talk about decent music' stuff then why don't you bugger off and start your own thread. I suppose now Arctic Monkeys are the in thing they'll have this backlash next year with people stating 'well they were hardly original/groundbreaking seeing as they copied The Libertines/The Stokes/The Streets (delete as applicable)'. Oh but wait goldenfleece is too cool for the Arctic Monkeys so he must be some ice cool musical connoisseur!

I don't care if it's not 'cool' to like The Darkness I just like them for what they are bloody good showmans and musicians.

P.S. To anyone who went who would have thought you would have seen an Hollywood actress crowd surfing :o !! (Juliette Lewis for anyone who didn't know)

Archived