Huntsmans gardens attercliffe

Does anyone remember Huntsmans Gardens School in the 1950's my wife attended the primary and junior school. She lived on Vicarage Road opposite the Adelphi and remembers happy days in Attercliffe before moving due to the house being demolished in 1969. Anyone out there remember going to Attercliffe church hall on a Tuesday night for Brownies?

hi john i went to Huntsmans Gardens school in 1949 sounds such a long time ago which it is i was 5 we went to the annexe on worksop road first i lived in baker street opposite shirland lane then got married in 1965 but stayed at Huntsmans untill i had done the 11 plus:)

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 20:48 ----------

sorry did not remember the brownies they would not let us join but i remember cubs at zion lane church and boys brigade at attercliffe church the vicar at that time was a guy called holmes his lad was in our class during later years dates i cannoy quite remember when

For anyone responding to this post, it is not I who attended this school - it was my wife

who as a child lived in Shiregreen.

I ( JOHN HABS ) went to a different school in a different area - just thought I would clear this up.

For anyone responding to this post, it is not I who attended this school - it was my wife

who as a child lived in Shiregreen.

I ( JOHN HABS ) went to a different school in a different area - just thought I would clear this up.

I went there for Night-School for a couple of years around 1955-6, I actually went to Maltby Street School which was only a stones throw away

Archived