Help locating Rafter and Higginbottom family

There is this birth

Births Dec 1925

Rafter Vincent mother- Higginbottom Sheffield 9c 970

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Can't see a death record

This is what confused me as its definitely her brother but he was born 3 years before her and I've found a record on findmypast.com which shows his death was registered in the same period that his birth was and he died at 0 years :-( i'm beginning to think that the most likely explanation is what was suggested before and that it may not have been an actual brother that she talked about, perhaps a family member that was raised by Thomas and Nellie that she grew up thinking was her brother!! I think I might have to see if my granddad can remember anything more!!

xx

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 16:23 ----------

Yes I knew a Susan Higginbottom but I`m talking the 70s we did have a school reunion in 94 where I spoke to her briefly but by the end of the night ,we were all to sloshed............Not seen her since but I moved away from Sheffield but kept in touch with a few some since died good luck with the search and hope you find more information .............x

haha sounds like a good reunion ;-) thank you, hopefully i'll find something more soon, its so difficult when I literally know nothing, it will certainly be worth it though if I find any relatives!! xx

This is what confused me as its definitely her brother but he was born 3 years before her and I've found a record on findmypast.com which shows his death was registered in the same period that his birth was and he died at 0 years :-( i'm beginning to think that the most likely explanation is what was suggested before and that it may not have been an actual brother that she talked about, perhaps a family member that was raised by Thomas and Nellie that she grew up thinking was her brother!! I think I might have to see if my granddad can remember anything more!!

xx

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 16:23 ----------

haha sounds like a good reunion ;-) thank you, hopefully i'll find something more soon, its so difficult when I literally know nothing, it will certainly be worth it though if I find any relatives!! xx

I wish I could help you more hun but When I left school and went to college sadly a lot of us lost touch with each other ,there used to be a site called Friends reunited but not sire if it still exists have you tried facebook long shot I know but may come up with something .........x

Aw that's OK, I appreciate you trying to help!! I did have a peak on Facebook earlier and found a few people with the surname Rafter, I was tempted to message, one man in particular who had similar facial features to my lovely Nan, but I was just a bit worried they might think I was a crazy woman haha... I might try it, what have I got to lose!!! fingers crossed!! xx

Aw that's OK, I appreciate you trying to help!! I did have a peak on Facebook earlier and found a few people with the surname Rafter, I was tempted to message, one man in particular who had similar facial features to my lovely Nan, but I was just a bit worried they might think I was a crazy woman haha... I might try it, what have I got to lose!!! fingers crossed!! xx

You should try hun ok I found a friend who I thought was lost in the mists of time so I sent a message and it was him I was pleased as punch........x Have you tried the hatch match and dispatch

You should try hun ok I found a friend who I thought was lost in the mists of time so I sent a message and it was him I was pleased as punch........x Have you tried the hatch match and dispatch

Well I've done it, hopefully something comes of it!! I've also spoken to my grandad who has shed a light on the younger brother situation and possibly answered why I cant find any death in the name Nellie Rafter... She had more then 1 younger brother but they were STEP brothers, therefore my great Nan must have married again after my great Grandad died in 1936, how sad she was widowed twice in about 20 years!!

xx

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 17:02 ----------

whats hatch match and dispatch???

xx

Well I've done it, hopefully something comes of it!! I've also spoken to my grandad who has shed a light on the younger brother situation and possibly answered why I cant find any death in the name Nellie Rafter... She had more then 1 younger brother but they were STEP brothers, therefore my great Nan must have married again after my great Grandad died in 1936, how sad she was widowed twice in about 20 years!!

xx

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 17:02 ----------

whats hatch match and dispatch???

xx

Hatch/match and dispatch = birth marriage and deaths

Archived