T.K.Maxx re-labelling??

Bought a jacket from TKM some months ago - lovely material, good (lucky!) fit, price level just right for me, so absolutely no complaints.

Went to put something in (what I thought was) the inside breast pocket, but instead started to prise the "Rochas Paris" label off by mistake.

I could see it wasn't the same name/label underneath, and it got the better of me - I gently teased it off to reveal ......"Pellini Uomo Collezione"

Still a nice jacket, but has TKM been duped by a supplier?

Have I been duped?!

Is re-labelling a common practice, I wonder?

Bought a jacket from TKM some months ago - lovely material, good (lucky!) fit, price level just right for me, so absolutely no complaints.

Went to put something in (what I thought was) the inside breast pocket, but instead started to prise the "Rochas Paris" label off by mistake.

I could see it wasn't the same name/label underneath, and it got the better of me - I gently teased it off to reveal ......"Pellini Uomo Collezione"

Still a nice jacket, but has TKM been duped by a supplier?

Have I been duped?!

Is re-labelling a common practice, I wonder?

Don't know if this helps.

No prices on their gear so it won't be cheap

http://www.pellini-collection.com/

Keep peeling. There's probably a primark label under the pellini one.

Hahha...you might be right!

No, it just seemed curious how the jacket purported to stem from a French "designer", but turned out to be Italian......or is it?!

A lot of people look down their nose at T.K.Maxx but they often stock really good stuff, you just have to be lucky and go there when the good stuff is in; I picked up a good leather jacket from there once, it wasn't a well known brand in this country but the jacket is awesome, my sexual prowess with the ladies go's sky high when I put it on. :heyhey:

Maybe both labels use the same factory in China to make their clothes?

Maybe so....

Imagine that with Pellini being a designer label, anyone selling their stuff on is obliged to remove their labels. If they can't remove them, covering them up is an alternative?

Again, perhaps so... fingers crossed for a Paul Costelloe navy pinstripe suit, 44 chest, over-labelled accordingly then!

A lot of people look down their nose at T.K.Maxx but they often stock really good stuff, you just have to be lucky and go there when the good stuff is in; I picked up a good leather jacket from there once, it wasn't a well known brand in this country but the jacket is awesome, my sexual prowess with the ladies go's sky high when I put it on. :heyhey:

I pop in there loads of times ,one day while popping in for my usual fix I saw a Vivian westwood handbag priced at £30 I grabbed it and thought nahh this can`t be right ,I took it to the till and it was wrong but because the tag said £30 they sold it to me for that I was well chuffed...........x

Archived