Avro Lancaster and Hawker Hurricanes!!

Hi all

I was coming through Derby this afternoon when an Avro Lancaster flanked by two Hawker Hurricanes flew over in a formation that never changed, it looked as though they were fastened together by invisible lines they were so good!!!

Don't suppose they flew over Sheffield at all?? (they were travelling much faster than us!!)..

Cheers, Biggsy :)

We were in nottingham at my sisters for the day, saw them fly over but we thought the Lancaster was flanked by a hurricane and a spitfire. could be wrong but brilliant sight tho

Hi

From the blunt rounded wing shape, I thought they were both Hurri's (my mate thought so too), the Spitfire wing tips are (I think!) slightly more to a point by comparison...

I could be wrong tho' (and usually am!! :hihi: )

We were in nottingham at my sisters for the day, saw them fly over but we thought the Lancaster was flanked by a hurricane and a spitfire. could be wrong but brilliant sight tho

'Tis usually the done thing, a Lancaster flanked by a Hurricane and a Spitfire, if it's the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

Was picnicking at Hordron Edge Stone circle about 3pm today and a large (bomber sized?) plane flew over Ladybower very low, presumably then on over Bamford and Hathersage. Is this an everyday thing?

Hi

From the blunt rounded wing shape, I thought they were both Hurri's (my mate thought so too), the Spitfire wing tips are (I think!) slightly more to a point by comparison...

I could be wrong tho' (and usually am!! :hihi: )

Nope, spitfire wingtips are more round, unless it's a later model Mk9 or above, which are pointed as is the tailplane. A Hurricane has square wingtips and straighter trailing edges

Nope, spitfire wingtips are more round, unless it's a later model Mk9 or above, which are pointed as is the tailplane. A Hurricane has square wingtips and straighter trailing edges

Spitfire wings are elliptical.

Square wingtips? - Are you sure it wasn't an Me109?:hihi:

Archived