Favourite restaurants in Sheffield?

komal

Favourite Indian Restaurant - Tough call - Dhanista's on Abbeydale Road, Maveli on Glossop Road and Mangla on Spital Hill - all great value tasty Indian food.

Favourite Italian - Without a doubt Gusto on Norfolk Row, great value and service with friendly staff and excellent tasty food and good vino.

Mexican - Amigos London Road - where else? Good value and tasty - massive portions!!! Where else would you go?

Vegetarian - Blue moon Cafe - Next to Cathedral - Healthy, tasty, good value lunches in the City Centre, wide range of options if you arrive early enough. Fanoush is also lovely for a nice veggie option - the wraps and salad are lovely - Falafel best around Sheffield area without a doubt.

Middle Eastern - Rowsha - South Road, Wonderful selection of hot and cold mezza to choose from - I always go for the veggie stuff here but they do meat too which I am told is very good.

Breakfast - Made by Jonty - Sharrowvale Road - my new favourite breakfast spot after Taste by Marco Zerboni sadly closed. The place does get very busy but its worth the wait.

Newcomer - Back of House - Ecclesall Road - used to be Kitchen. A bit posh but well cooked food and nice choice of drinks on a small menu. Been twice in the last couple of weeks as its only 5 minutes from our house. Not cheap but good value.

Favourite Indian, must be Viraaj on Woodseats.

Favourite Cafe, Braggazzi's on Abbeydale Road, best coffee in Sheffield.

Favourite Restaurant, La Mama on Abbeydale Rd, best tapas outside Spain.

Favourite Chinese, Pho68

Favourite Italian, Marco Milano's

Nice blog! Don`t get out so much since we had kids but OH likes Silversmith`s and loves Des Amis. Broadfield does deservedly well too. What`s the new African like, the one at bottom of Chesterfield Road.

Chinese - Dim Sum or Noodle Inn. Candy Town if I'm after the Cantonese banquet type restaurant feel.

Mexican - take-out Street Food Chef, eat in Amigos.

Indian - Maveli or Mangla.

Italian - Pasta Bar or Marranellos (pleased to see nobody has mentioned the truly awful Nonnas).

Cafe/Coffee Shop - Tamper, hands down!

Pub food - either The York or The Broadfield.

Favourite Indian Restaurant - Tough call - Dhanista's on Abbeydale Road, Maveli on Glossop Road and Mangla on Spital Hill - all great value tasty Indian food.

Favourite Italian - Without a doubt Gusto on Norfolk Row, great value and service with friendly staff and excellent tasty food and good vino.

Mexican - Amigos London Road - where else? Good value and tasty - massive portions!!! Where else would you go?

Vegetarian - Blue moon Cafe - Next to Cathedral - Healthy, tasty, good value lunches in the City Centre, wide range of options if you arrive early enough. Fanoush is also lovely for a nice veggie option - the wraps and salad are lovely - Falafel best around Sheffield area without a doubt.

Middle Eastern - Rowsha - South Road, Wonderful selection of hot and cold mezza to choose from - I always go for the veggie stuff here but they do meat too which I am told is very good.

Breakfast - Made by Jonty - Sharrowvale Road - my new favourite breakfast spot after Taste by Marco Zerboni sadly closed. The place does get very busy but its worth the wait.

Newcomer - Back of House - Ecclesall Road - used to be Kitchen. A bit posh but well cooked food and nice choice of drinks on a small menu. Been twice in the last couple of weeks as its only 5 minutes from our house. Not cheap but good value.

top list ! would add Marcos to the Italian section.

Coffee - Tamper , Bragazzis , Marmadukes and motore cafe

Archived