Best currency for Turkish beach holiday

I've been to Turkey 3 times on various cruises. Seems to me to be full of drunken northerners walking about in football shirts with their 20stone wifes dressed in skin tight leggings accompanied by their 8 yr old kids called Bradley and Page. The smell of the sewers was overbearing (admittedly it was August) to the point it made me wretch, to alleviate this they put old carpets over the drain covers to keep the smell below ground, yuk!!!

Victim of its own success.

Still some nice parts and excellent quiet beaches, you just need to know where to look and not go in school holidays.

Excellent diving and even better food.

Oh and as everyone said get a little lira but take pounds and change it there. Never seen prices in Euros but then again both times we went we were slightly off the beaten track.

I'm here in Turkey now and the Turkk lera is worth 2.7 pounds change your money at home but bring a few hundred in English with you just incase

---------- Post added 18-06-2013 at 17:33 ----------

Well they've just clamped down on Alcohol sales, so I'd expect the drunks to move off somewhere else pretty soon.

Not with us the government are on about restricting sales of alcohol to their own people no alcohol sales after 10 pm not its happining yet

I'm here in Turkey now and the Turkk lera is worth 2.7 pounds change your money at home but bring a few hundred in English with you just incase

---------- Post added 18-06-2013 at 17:33 ----------

Not with us the government are on about restricting sales of alcohol to their own people no alcohol sales after 10 pm not its happining yet

How much raki have you had? :hihi:

They were talking about cutting opening hours of bars, clubs and stuff.

It's a restriction on everyone if no-where is open to sell booze.

Seen in the money exchange shop to day they are offering 2.8 lera per per English pound here not sure for how long it will last might be a good idea to change your money here just now

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 18:05 ----------

They were talking about cutting opening hours of bars, clubs and stuff.

It's a restriction on everyone if no-where is open to sell booze.

Not for tourists the government are just talking about a load different things at the moment the locals say it will not happen

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 18:11 ----------

How much raki have you had? :hihi:

Hate the stuff. No fat fingers on a phone. I prefer efes beer.

Archived