Is there something spiders dont like?

It sounds like the ones with the little bodies, long legs and lack of coordination are these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones so not true spiders. The big vicious ones sound hideous, their type make me hyper-ventilate and panic if they're anywhere near me.

The ones with little bodies and long legs in my house are these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider

I don't mind them much but I don't like them hovering over me while I'm in the bath or on the loo :o

Hope you sort your problem Bethsmummy but please do remember that these scary looking, fast running creatures do keep down the scary looking fast flying things!

No More Spiders, does work I get a friend to get it me from Job Lot, she lives close by and when she is coming here she will bring me 4 bottles they are 99p each and I spray every room in the house with them around skirting board door and window frames one a week or so. I am terrified of them and this has helped.

My friend keeps an old yellow pages close at hand, when she sees on on the floor (she lives on a working farm and the house is really old) she drops them yellow pages on them, sometimes adding a quick stamp on top of that depending on size, then she just tears off the book leaving the page covering the spider which hubby shifts when he comes in :)

No More Spiders makes more sense. But I have also heard that conkers work

I too have a rediculous number of spiders in my house ranging in differents sizes small, large, fat, thin, long legs, short legs all of which are equally disgusting and terrify the life out of me! I'm actually booked in to see the docs this week as they are giving me severe night terrors to the point im waking up in the middle of the night in fits of panic hyperventolating and palpatations and pulling the covers off the bed convincing myself iv felt a spider crawl on me in my sleep! It's got to the point the other half is getting woken up by me and he's going to work knackered because of my rediculous fear! (I NEED THIS NO MORE SPIDERS SPRAY IN MY LIFE VERY SOON!!!)

How to Make Spider Repellent at Home

1. Add up to 5 drops of essential oil and up to 5 drops of natural dish washing liquid to 1 qt. (1 l) of water. The following essential oils work well as spider repellents (especially citrus):

• Citrus
  • Tea tree
  • Lavender
  • Cinnamon
  • Peppermint
  • Citronella

2. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and shake it well.

3. Spray the areas inside your home where you have seen spiders

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Spider-Repellent-at-Home

I need something which will keep spiders away surely there is such a product? In the same way midges don't like citronella. Where could I buy such a thing?

We have a bit of a problem similar to the movie arachnaphobia in that we seem to be overrun with the detestable creatures. I can only hope mine aren't deadly like in the film.

I know they catch flies & I know they're no physical threat to us but nonetheless I do NOT want them within 50yards of me.

We recently moved from a new build with solid floors where we barely saw 1 spider a month to an older house with floorboards & now my life is blighted.

I reckon we've killed about 50 in the last month. Now please don't say we shouldn't because if we hadn't we would now be sharing our home with 50 of the most huge monstrosities you've ever had the misfortune to see. They would be hanging from every corner of every room in the house and I would've packed up & left lol.

We have a mixture of two different kinds. One is about the size of a £2 coin has a great big bulbous body & can run like usain bolt on anabolic steroids & the other Is enormous. Has the leg span of a tea cup saucer (no exaggeration) this one has a tiny body. It looks very cumbersome seems to fall over its own ridiculously huge legs, doesn't move very quick, but given its size surprisingly it can dangle from a web better than cirque du soliel's acrobatic team.

I'm tired of watching spider acrobatics & I'm tired of being chased by spider bolt (it happens, it really happens, when I chase the fast ones with a shoe they turn about & chase me) one night I hit one plum on its over inflated bum with a shoe & when I lifted the weapon there was nothing there. I didn't sleep that night.

My O/H is adamant theres an arachnaphobia type nest somewhere in the house. I hope with all my heart he's wrong.

Surely there is something I can do or buy to keep them at bay?? Please help.....please.

they reckon if you put conkers in every corner of your house it keeps spiders away, i know a few people who actually do this, dont do it myself as i dont get that many spiders in my house , i say dont knock it till uve tried it, :)

I have the same problem, I also regularly get nests in my house or the beginnings of a nest always in my Living-Room they must like our House I am very clean and are always cleaning, my house is not dirty or anything it baffles me but maybe that is what they like. I have Cats, I have two the Spiders hate them and crawl back into the woodwork, get a Cat if you don't already have one that will keep the fury Critters at bay, good luck. :);)

Archived