Teaching disabled teenagers to drive.

I do believe that they do train and test people before they let them loose on the roads, so that should put you at ease.

You mean "driving lessons" and then a "driving test" or are you talking about something else here? If not, nothing an able-bodied 16 can't have a crack at, IMO.

Be prepared to be called a heartless bar-steward if the rest of this thread is anything to go by.

It just doesn't make any sense; should the age of consent and the drinking of alcohol age be a year early for the disabled too?? :huh:

I also find it odd that you can be taught to drive at 16 if you're disabled.

I thought you were allowed to drive at the age of 16 now? providing you can afford to pay thousands for the only vehicle you can own at that age (Forget the name of it right now) then afford the other thousands to insure it and then put up with the embarrassment of owning one of these vehicles.

Perhaps 'No User Name' would care to change places. I am sure that ALL disabled 16 year old drivers would rather be able bodied.

Thats quite a stupid post really. Thats nothing like what was said.

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 17:58 ----------

I thought you were allowed to drive at the age of 16 now? providing you can afford to pay thousands for the only vehicle you can own at that age (Forget the name of it right now) then afford the other thousands to insure it and then put up with the embarrassment of owning one of these vehicles.

This is why this teaching disabled kids to drive at 16 is a bad idea.

Id bet 90% of them wont be able to afford a car or the insurance so whats the point of it all.

Unless theres going to be some funding to pay for the cars and the insurance or contribute to it in some way.

You mean "driving lessons" and then a "driving test" or are you talking about something else here? If not, nothing an able-bodied 16 can't have a crack at, IMO.

Of course I'm talking about the driving test, as to why other 16 year olds cannot drive, I don't see any problem; as they do around the world. I believe that in some states in the USA you can drive at 14.

Archived