Trapping Customers in Shops

Having been to many shops I have found that quite a few especially the ones at Crystal Peaks do not realise customers need to get out.

Shops being Iceland and Wilkinsons to name a few.

You go round and have a look but decide there is nothing you like so find yourself the other side of the shop, but especially in Iceland the tills are always rammed and those that are empty like Wilkinsons have lines or bollards up so you cannot get through so you have to retrace all your steps to the only door in the corner to actually leave.

Maybe shops think that every single person who enters will spend money hence the 1 way system.

Perhaps they put bollards up to force people to spend so you don't have to walk back to the other side of the store to leave :loopy:

Bedrock, I totally agree! Wilkinson's in particular drives me mad, I've been redecorating my daughters room and although Wilko's is very useful it sometimes doesnt have the size/colour I need (been looking for curtains, curtain rails etc). In these cases, I don't buy anything and then struggle to get back out of the shop. I usually have to send one of the children to the door as someone's coming in then they can 'hold' it open so I can sneak out the in door :hihi:

Bedrock, I totally agree! Wilkinson's in particular drives me mad, I've been redecorating my daughters room and although Wilko's is very useful it sometimes doesnt have the size/colour I need (been looking for curtains, curtain rails etc). In these cases, I don't buy anything and then struggle to get back out of the shop. I usually have to send one of the children to the door as someone's coming in then they can 'hold' it open so I can sneak out the in door :hihi:

I sneak out the same door as well, what a sham system they have :loopy:

worst ones have got to be mobile phone shops, you go in and wait to speak to someone about some small matter when they are selling someone a add on which means they can talk to their friends while they are on the bog that only costs an extra £100 a month, this can take between 45 minutes to 4 hours

worst ones have got to be mobile phone shops, you go in and wait to speak to someone about some small matter when they are selling someone a add on which means they can talk to their friends while they are on the bog that only costs an extra £100 a month, this can take between 45 minutes to 4 hours

Yes, instead of customer service assistants you get insurance agents.

Having been to many shops I have found that quite a few especially the ones at Crystal Peaks do not realise customers need to get out.

You go round and have a look but decide there is nothing you like so find yourself the other side of the shop, but especially in Iceland the tills are always rammed and those that are empty like Wilkinsons have lines or bollards up so you cannot get through so you have to retrace all your steps to the only door in the corner to actually leave.

Maybe shops think that every single person who enters will spend money hence the 1 way system.

Perhaps they put bollards up to force people to spend so you don't have to walk back to the other side of the store to leave :loopy:

Toys r Us do it, its annoying.

Bollards can generally be stepped over/under/moved/kicked out of the way :)

Seriously, penning people in in an effort to increase takings, is bad customer service and extremely rude- in those circumstances no one should feel obliged to comply with a load of bollards.

Bollards can generally be stepped over/under/moved/kicked out of the way :)

Seriously, penning people in in an effort to increase takings, is bad customer service and extremely rude- in those circumstances no one should feel obliged to comply with a load of bollards.

Yes what are we, sheep :hihi::loopy:

Archived