Panorama - Elderly Care

Not all care homes are the same, but I still think that the majority are massively overpriced, most cost £500 - £700 PER WEEK!

It's not as though the staff are well paid, or the food and conditions are anything to write home about. When you think what people are paying and the service they receive I'd want my money back...

Not all care homes are the same, but I still think that the majority are massively overpriced, most cost £500 - £700 PER WEEK!

It's not as though the staff are well paid, or the food and conditions are anything to write home about. When you think what people are paying and the service they receive I'd want my money back...

Not true, care homes are less, nursing homes are that and up. I heard of one that was many hundreds - had its own Michelin starred chef! As I said earlier standards vary massively from home to home. The food at the one my dad is in is excellent, others were poor.

My Bold= Yes Thatcherism at its best, she was a genius, they refused my wife £38 pw carers allowance which resulted in the social services having to put in care morning and night at a cost well in excess of £38 pw.

Archived