Talking about corruption … !

peterw

I’ve just been reading a BBC message board about the construction of a new hotel in close proximity to the Peace Gardens. Several contributors have mentioned the word “corruption” in relation to town planners and elected council members, and frankly I’m experienced enough to believe that widespread corruption does exist.

I’d like to see all town planners, council officials and elected councillors financially scrutinised before they begin their jobs, during the time they hold those jobs and just before they retire from those jobs.

Furthermore, as a road user and car owner I’d extend that to MOT stations and — judging on the state of some of today’s drivers — all Driving Test Examiners.

What do you think?

Like you say there is corruption right from the top to the bottom in all walks of life.Iremember people jumping housing lists because they had help in the housing, people getting there drives tarmaced by concil workers making a few quid ete.As regardsbuilding in sheffield youd have to be pretty gulable to think palms arnt crossed with silver to get planning permission to go thro.It seems everyone has a price and this corruption has no limits??

Archived