Whats wrong with dove & rainbow

Me & my brother used to go to the Dove loads but recently it has become a mare. Always trouble even during the week . All because the flaming Bankers Draft dregs come in & more often not are steaming drunk & spoiling for a fight .I remember when there was never trouble there .Dawn needs to fork out for security or she will lose even more trade than she has now.

Have to say I was thinking the exactly the same when I went in last week.

There were a large group shouting at each other in the corner, the beer (only carling!) was not great and the place looked run down.

Fully respect that it must be hard to make a pub like that work but am afraid unless it improves will not be returning anytime soon.

Had my first illicit drink in the Dove in 1965 when it was a proper pub (tap room, saloon bar, suits, collars and ties) and hidden away from the rozzers.

Me: What do you ask for?

My mate: A pint of best.

It never tasted the same when you reached eighteen.

Had my first illicit drink in the Dove in 1965 when it was a proper pub (tap room, saloon bar, suits, collars and ties) and hidden away from the rozzers.

Me: What do you ask for?

My mate: A pint of best.

It never tasted the same when you reached eighteen.

I first started going in there in 1977 underage of course but loved it, the Jukebox was brilliant but then they had to rip it all out and spoil it in the early eighties I think, never liked it after that until Dawn took it over.

I can't say I have ever seen any trouble in there but I do tend to go in early evening and then move on, only thing that puts me off is the price of the beer!

First went in the Dove in 1975 when I was 17 and remember it being 2 rooms. Have been going in every since. Went in about a month ago and the not exactly cheap beer (Hobgoblin) didnt taste right. It was well short but it was just had it dumped in front of me and the lad quickly walked away. There was only 2 peoplle at the bar at the time so he wasnt busy!

Dawn does a great job but if Im served like that the next time I go in I wont be going in again.

First went in the Dove in 1975 when I was 17 and remember it being 2 rooms. Have been going in every since. Went in about a month ago and the not exactly cheap beer (Hobgoblin) didnt taste right. It was well short but it was just had it dumped in front of me and the lad quickly walked away. There was only 2 peoplle at the bar at the time so he wasnt busy!

Dawn does a great job but if Im served like that the next time I go in I wont be going in again.

It`s a place to get bottles imo. Dodgy beer served badly in my experience.

Yes, never rated the beer there, but it always had a decent atmosphere. Despite all the bizarre passive-aggresive signs they had everywhere at one point explaining in far too much detail how much profit they actually made on a pint, it's a shame it's now gone down hill. Can't abide aggro in pubs - what's the point?

Archived