US Talks with Taliban

Blair did when he spoke to Gaddafi.

And your link says;

"The BBC's Jonathan Beale says the attack is a reminder that a ceasefire has not been made a precondition to the talks, scheduled to start on Thursday."

Well, that's ok then, isn't it? Sheesh

I doubt if George W Bush thought that out. He was probably using words like good guys, bad guys, smoke out the outlaws, head 'em off at the Kyber Pass, etc.

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 08:29 ----------

Blair did when he spoke to Gaddafi.

And your link says;

"The BBC's Jonathan Beale says the attack is a reminder that a ceasefire has not been made a precondition to the talks, scheduled to start on Thursday."

Bush probably thought that Pakistan would hand over Bin Laden if he was caught in Pakistan.... not aid and abet in hiding him for 10 years :D

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the Taliban should now be part of the peace process.

I'm confused, I thought their existence was the reason for invading liberating Afghanistan in the first place.

Why should any rational human being even walk into the same room as someone who believes in "beard law" and the stoning of women for adultery?

Surely it would be akin to negotiating with Hitler about how many Jews he was allowed to kill this year, or Stalin about how many people could be sent to the Gulag this Winter.

They are evil, and are about as close to the worst type of Nazi you could find.

Talk to the Taliban?

Or am I mistaken, are they lovely people who want a world full of happiness and sharing? Misjudged, lonely and in want of helping hand?

I'm willing to have my opinion changed if someone can come up with a reason why they aren't the 21st century's most fundamentally evil people.

As far as I can remember the main reason for going into Afganistan was to capture Bin Laden who was known to be there and whom the Taleban rulers refused to hand over.

When Bin laden was not captured it seems that toppling the Taleban government then became the mission.

The Taleban although thrown out of office refused to go away. THey're present in Pakistan as well as Afganistan and cross and re-cross the border.

Karzai's government do not control many parts of Afghanistan and Karzai himself is unreliable and he and his government said to be corrupt and double dealing.

It seems to be a case of a less than positive outcome with no end in sight in a war that has become increasingly unpopular all round so as the saying goes "lets declare victory and all go home"

An end to Pakistan's and Afghanistan's historic persecution and war against women would be even nicer.

And end to U.S. school massacres would be even nicer.

I know it's difficult for the American mindset to grasp but ultimately what laws and customs exist in another country IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!

Because (and here's the tricky part). IT'S ANOTHER COUNTRY.

Do you see?

And end to U.S. school massacres would be even nicer.

I know it's difficult for the American mindset to grasp but ultimately what laws and customs exist in another country IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!

Because (and here's the tricky part). IT'S ANOTHER COUNTRY.

Do you see?

Yes I see. I still have near 20/20 vision in both eyes. Good eyesight runs in the family and calm down sugar plum. You really do get your knickers in a twist over nothing

As far as I'm concerned they can nuke the place for all I care. It would be nice though if all the women and the girls could be evacuated first. They deserve something better than the cro magnon idiots who they're stuck with

My Bold=

They probably think the same about America, how you can casually state that a country should be nuked is typical of the American mind set.

When you lose a war which is how I see America's Afghan invasion it is best not to make stupid remarks and just be quiet after defeat.

Not a fan of the Taliban myself but it looks like the bearded ones will be having the last laugh even though America will dress it up as some sort of victory.

Will Mr Obama be shaking hands with his Taliban counterpart? :hihi:

My Bold=

They probably think the same about America, how you can casually state that a country should be nuked is typical of the American mind set.

When you lose a war which is how I see America's Afghan invasion it is best not to make stupid remarks and just be quiet after defeat.

Not a fan of the Taliban myself but it looks like the bearded ones will be having the last laugh even though America will dress it up as some sort of victory.

Will Mr Obama be shaking hands with his Taliban counterpart? :hihi:

The only losers will be the Afghan women and girls. Par for the course naturally It will be back to the stone age for them and the bearded idiots will waste no time in bulldozing each and every school that was provided for them. Throw away those school books and get your backsides out into the yard and make sure the goats get fed

WHAT NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED IS: WHEN WILL WOMEN ACHIEVE EQUAL STATUS WITH MEN WITHIIN THE MUSLIM SOCIETY. THERE IS A GROWING AWARENESS IN THE WORLD THAT SLAVERY AND/OR SERVITUDE IS A PROBLEM THAT EXISTS GLOBALLY AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR ANY SOCIETY THAT FAILS TO ACKNOWLEDGE EQUALITY

Archived