Poor White children perform worst at school

As a last resort, because if the parents are not held responsible, they just have more.

Yes, but remember, we're not allowed to be critical of these people. They've obviously had hard lives and abusive upbringings. Or perhaps they're just lazy so-and-so's who get paid by the welfare for doing absolutely nothing and that's what the kids are learning.

If Mum doesn't have to work (Dad will obviously have departed years ago) why should we try. The dole will look after us !!! No wonder they don't succeed at school.

If Mum doesn't have to work (Dad will obviously have departed years ago) why should we try. The dole will look after us !!! No wonder they don't succeed at school.

Or dad is working, but which one does the child choose. Work or money for doing nothing?

Yes, but remember, we're not allowed to be critical of these people. They've obviously had hard lives and abusive upbringings. Or perhaps they're just lazy so-and-so's who get paid by the welfare for doing absolutely nothing and that's what the kids are learning.

Really? You've managed it. The Daily Mail and other media outlets manage it as well.

So why is this?

Surely with the advantage of having English as their first language, white children should be out-performing other Ethnic Minorities.

If I went to school in Asia, I somehow don't see me overtaking the locals that quickly.

I just don't get this, it's no wonder employers seem to want to employ people from abroad in such numbers.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342520/Poor-white-children-likely-succeed-ethnic-group-warns-chief-inspector-schools.html

Non whites get the majority of the help, teacher time and resources and things are very much geared towards ignoring the white children and focusing on the ethnic minorities as they are deemed to be at a disadvantage for some reason..

Non whites get the majority of the help, teacher time and resources and things are very much geared towards ignoring the white children and focusing on the ethnic minorities as they are deemed to be at a disadvantage for some reason..

People whose second language is English and have been in the country less that 3 years can qualify for extra help in some of the educational institutions I've worked in.

Irrespective of colour or religion, children who have special educational needs, statemented, or have disabilities should recieve extra help (but sometimes don't)

It'll only get worse, now extortionate uni fees are putting off people from poorer families.

Why do you spread this misinformation? Are you actually trying to put poor people off from getting a good education?

If a poor person (or anyone for that matter), takes out a student loan, then

Either...

They get a good job on the back of their qualifications, in which case they'll be easily able to pay off the loan,

Or...

Their job is not well paid (or they don't get a job at all), in which case they are not equired to pay off the loan.

Either way, the debt is not a problem. Eiter they are rich enough to pay it off, or, if they are not rich enough then they are not required to pay it off.

---------- Post added 18-06-2013 at 22:58 ----------

Is it based on colour of skin or educational needs?

Load of tosh, its more a case of not realising the importance of Education by the child and parents/parent not spending time helping with/teaching educational stuff at home.

Lack of incentive/encouragement?

I'll go with this theory.

There is very little incentive for people and I don't believe it's a reserve of the poor either. There's many middle class people who are equally as defeated and see nothing to aim for in life or are tired of the struggle to simply survive.

If parents feel it then inevitably it will trickle down to offspring.

Having said that encouragement counts for a lot so even if everything appears hopeless, parents should shoulder the responsibility to at least give some hope that life will be different.

I find that many ethnic groups are more family orientated than many white English households.

Why do you spread this misinformation? Are you actually trying to put poor people off from getting a good education?

If a poor person (or anyone for that matter), takes out a student loan, then

Either...

They get a good job on the back of their qualifications, in which case they'll be easily able to pay off the loan,

Or...

Their job is not well paid (or they don't get a job at all), in which case they are not equired to pay off the loan.

Either way, the debt is not a problem. Eiter they are rich enough to pay it off, or, if they are not rich enough then they are not required to pay it off

It's not misinformation at all. Many poor families see all debt as bad. Many young people have seen the damage debt causes in their own homes. To others it's such a lot of money they just can't comprehend starting life off owing so much.

Archived