Can absolutely anyone learn to sing in tune?

Whether you can be taught to sing in tune depends on whether you are genuinely tone deaf. Many people say that they are tone deaf but what they really mean is that they can't sing, whereas if you're genuinely tone deaf you can't hear the difference between notes.

Can you hear melodies and hear whether other people are in tune when they sing? If you can then whilst it may be a slow and long process, you can indeed be taught to sing in tune.

Whether you can be taught to sing in tune depends on whether you are genuinely tone deaf. Many people say that they are tone deaf but what they really mean is that they can't sing, whereas if you're genuinely tone deaf you can't hear the difference between notes.

Can you hear melodies and hear whether other people are in tune when they sing? If you can then whilst it may be a slow and long process, you can indeed be taught to sing in tune.

No, not tone deaf. I have a good ear for music, apparently very few people are actually tone deaf, it's the translation of what they are hearing/thinking through to the voice that's problematic. That's me :P

I can't sing in tune. I can't sing anywhere near in tune. Hearing me sing ain't pretty. I accept that I can't become David McAlmont but can I be taught to sing at least in tune?

If you realise yourself that you're out of tune, then you've got a better ear than most people, and yes, you can be taught.

I am the first to admit i can't sing, but when we do a karaoke night my pathetic efforts makes the punters sound great,never ever been asked to "give us another".My daughter is a professional singer and dancer so lack of singing ability does not run in the family.

Archived