Does the moon affect the human body?

Almost certainly confirmation bias at work, I'm afraid.

There is no link between the full moon and people acting crazy.

There may be not evidence, statistics or any written proof but anyone who works with the public on frontline services and works night duty would argue against this !

There may be not evidence, statistics or any written proof but anyone who works with the public on frontline services and works night duty would argue against this !

Not all of them, no.

and anyway even if they all would they'd all be wrong.

We see patterns when they aren't there, we do it all the time, personal experience from memory is not reliable for this sort of thing.

What is really good for this sort of thing, is statistical analysis. It is much much much more reliable than the personal testimony of a thousand frontline service night workers.

Not all of them, no.

and anyway even if they all would they'd all be wrong.

We see patterns when they aren't there, we do it all the time, personal experience from memory is not reliable for this sort of thing.

What is really good for this sort of thing, is statistical analysis. It is much much much more reliable than the personal testimony of a thousand frontline service night workers.

Poppycock.

flamingjimmy

How can you categorically say this is not right . I have seen patients get wound up just before a full moon & being a witch , my friends always ask me when the next one is because you can guarantee if there is going to be patients kicking off then it will be on the night of the full moon .

flamingjimmy

How can you categorically say this is not right . I have seen patients get wound up just before a full moon & being a witch , my friends always ask me when the next one is because you can guarantee if there is going to be patients kicking off then it will be on the night of the full moon .

Classic case of confirmation bias. Same reason all technology misbehaves on Friday 13th's.

flamingjimmy

Why do you always mention that you're a witch? What does that have to do with it?

Classic case of confirmation bias. Same reason all technology misbehaves on Friday 13th's.

There's always been stories from prison wardens, hospital workers and such about having to be extra vigilant at full moon, but I'm sure I've read articles that say the actual figures of reported incidents don't back up the claims.

F=gmm over r

The gravitational force is proportional to the mass involved.

The sea is very heavy, so large gravitational force, so tides.

The water in your body is not very heavy, so very little force, so practically no effect.

r squared, jimmy, r squared. Do get it right.

Of course the moon affects the human body. The gravity equation tells you that it does. Maybe, our resident witch could calculate how much it affects us.:rolleyes:

Archived