People who shouldn't buy from the reduced section.

I have been shopping and when walking past the reduced section there were 4 coppers who were on duty, they were buying all the reduced items.

I gave them what for and shook my head at them, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. They get a decent salary, they should not be shopping from the reduced section. The reduced section should be for poorer members of society. Pensioners shouldn't be shopping there either as they are no longer poor.

The reduced section should be for the unemployed and low wage workers.

People on decent salaries, or generous means tested benefits (pensioners and the disabled), should not be shopping in the reduced section. By shopping in the reduced section they make life much more harder for the genuine poor.

What do you think?

Should comfortably off & wealthy people buy up all the cheap food, or should they pay full price and leave the reduced section goods for the people who are struggling?

Utterly absurd. They have just as much right to a bargain as anyone else.

People should look down upon and call out the wealthy who shop at the reduced section.

And they know they are wealthy how?

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 09:01 ----------

As a matter on interest, which brand of supermarkert was it?

The reduced items section is for everyone and therefore everyone can take advantage of it. It's not an area designated for the poor :loopy:

It is funny to watch the scavengers buying all manner of junk just because it is marked down. How long can a family live on a diet of moldy raspberries and outdated prawns?

It is funny to watch the scavengers buying all manner of junk just because it is marked down. How long can a family live on a diet of moldy raspberries and outdated prawns?

Personally, I do not bother with the marked down section because the little you save on the bill you waste in time, searching for something you might actually want.

I have been shopping and when walking past the reduced section there were 4 coppers who were on duty, they were buying all the reduced items.

I gave them what for and shook my head at them, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. They get a decent salary, they should not be shopping from the reduced section. The reduced section should be for poorer members of society. Pensioners shouldn't be shopping there either as they are no longer poor.

People on decent salaries, or generous means tested benefits (pensioners and the disabled), should not be shopping in the reduced section. By shopping in the reduced section they make life much more harder for the genuine poor.

What do you think?

Should comfortably off & wealthy people buy up all the cheap food, or should they pay full price and leave the reduced section goods for the people who are struggling?

Im not a big fan of the police. They arent what they used to be, more corrupt than anything these days but i think they have a perfect right to buy the reduced items.

You dont know if they have loads of kids and their good salary just isnt enough.

Personally, I do not bother with the marked down section because the little you save on the bill you waste in time, searching for something you might actually want.

I agree. However, sometimes in our little local Tesco items are marked down in their normal place, and I've picked up something I'd buy anyway. I'm not rich (even though I'm pensioner) but I'm not so hard up I have to deliberately look for bargains. IMO anyone who is prepared to invest the time and effort required to find marked down items is welcome to buy them.

That doesn't mean I have no sympathy for those less well off, but there are other ways I can help that don't involve competing for reduced produce. :roll:

What do you think?

I think you're talking nonsense.

I've no problem with better off people buying food from the reduced section. I just wish people wouldn't lose their social graces when getting it.

I think a much bigger issue is the amount of food that supermarkets throw away, it's truly shocking.

I've no problem with better off people buying food from the reduced section. I just wish people wouldn't lose their social graces when getting it.

I think a much bigger issue is the amount of food that supermarkets throw away, it's truly shocking.

indeed, and actually spending money to stop people getting it out of the bins too

disgusting

Archived