People who shouldn't buy from the reduced section.

...so they can save money for other things.

Where do you draw the line, how poor does someone have to be before it's ok for them to buy from the reduced section in your opinion?

So, lets turn this on it's head. Do you think it is acceptable for the Queen to buy clothes from a thrift store?

Given i'm trying to sort out a thing for the homeless, any of you lot game as it would be helpfull.

What you trying to do?

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 02:13 ----------

I think you're losing the thread.

Just hit submit reply. Same old, same old way................

You can no longer bump a thread when you were the last person to post...

Answer the OP. Why do Police Officers buy food on the cheap? When they can easily afford to pay the full price?

The price being charged on the reduced price shelves is available to everybody, at exactly the same price - like everything else in the supermarket.

How hard is that?

What you trying to do?

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 02:13 ----------

You can no longer bump a thread when you were the last person to post...

We are trying to make suspended coffee a reality in sheffield, it's not been easy but it's at an goes one way or the other.

Don't you think it is morally objectionable?

No. Everything in a supermarket is on offer to all customers at the same price - in every supermarket in the country I've been in regardless of location.

Like I said before - if I went to a food bank to claim a food parcel - yes.

We are trying to make suspended coffee a reality in sheffield, it's not been easy but it's at an goes one way or the other.

I'm not sure that would do anything to end homelessness to be fair mate. It makes more sense to direct people to Ben's centre, St Wilfrids, Archer project.

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 02:39 ----------

No. Everything in a supermarket is on offer to all customers at the same price - in every supermarket in the country I've been in regardless of location.

Like I said before - if I went to a food bank to claim a food parcel - yes.

Foodbanks, like benefits are means tested.

These institutions actively discriminate against a certain class of people who do not wish to be seen to rely on a means test.

Some people would refuse benefits, and refuse foodbanks. They would be more inclined to grow their own and buy discounted items and just get by like that.

Archived